News   Mar 28, 2024
 201     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 257     0 

369 King Street West (Trinity, 10s, ?)

gristle

Member Bio
Reaction score
There was a new proposal shown tonight at the community meeting in King Spadina. The presenter was from TAS Build-Design, and the Architect is Teeple.

This proposed 25 floor condominium building would be situated between the almost completed M5V condo, and the proposed 40 floor structure at 357 King Street West. The floor plate would be approximately 400 square metres. The structure would consist of a 9 storey podium and 16 tower floors above. It will consist of 100 suites with retail at grade, and there is to be no parking within the building. The separation distance between the two neighbouring buildings noted above will be about 10 metres - a very tight squeeze.

Last edited:
Manhattanization, here we come.

I welcome the physical transformation of this neighbourhood when homes, homes with business additions in the front, and small scale structures are being replaced by something more appropriate to its location, but I do have reservations regarding the height of many of the new towers here.

The "Yorkville-ization" of this neighbouhood happening quite fast !!! Within the next 5 years this will be perhaps the hotteast area in the city to live in.....maybe !

The "Yorkville-ization" of this neighbouhood happening quite fast !!! Within the next 5 years this will be perhaps the hotteast area in the city to live in.....maybe !

Why are do so many towers suddenly make the area "Yorkville-zation"?

I enjoy tall towers but I can't see the logic. Especially when many are being built as rental units (in terms of their size).

its a development free for all down here. Master plan out the window. Anybody with money can build whatever they want, wherever they want with no vision as to what the end result for the community is. As long as money is being made its all good... :(

its a development free for all down here. Master plan out the window. Anybody with money can build whatever they want, wherever they want with no vision as to what the end result for the community is. As long as money is being made its all good... :(

Oddly enough, the height of this one fits within the new guidelines of the west precinct of King-Spadina. What's different is the apparent separation distance of 10 metres. The guidelines suggest a 25 metres distance between tall towers in the area in order to ensure privacy and to enable light to hit the streets below. This new set of guidelines was built on the ruins of the original secondary plan which originally had a 28 metre height limit.

It was interesting to hear a few developers gasp at what is being proposed.

It was interesting to hear a few developers gasp at what is being proposed.

that's something I don't think you hear everyday! How was the proposal received and what did people have to say about it? I thought the proposal right at the street corner was close enough to M5V, this one is going to be incredibly tight.

and I can't see how this can be called 'Yorkville-ization', at least from a building point of view. Even with all that's gone up and in proposal for Yorkville, I don't see a row of 30+ storey buildings 10m apart with balconies facing each other so closely! This just doesn't compare, it's a completely different monster down here.

This is one proposal I really wish was just a bad April Fools joke!

So I was downtown today and took a closer look at the proposed site. 369 must be the address for that narrow space right behind the pink board because the white building is 367 and the 5 storey brick building is 365. Is the site supposed to be a combination of the empty space and the white building together?

IMG_1507.jpg

And on a side note, does anyone know what the status of the 5 storey brick building is? Is it listed as heritage?

Attachments

• IMG_1507.jpg
    IMG_1507.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 1,278

Back