Toronto 365 Church Condos | 102.1m | 31s | Menkes | Wallman Architects

This looms over the Gay Village in a menacing way and it's not pleasant to walk past. I hope Stanley will block this turd out of view!
If Stanley and Alter are both done right, I assume you would be a bit relieved. Walking past on Church Street though, is gonna be a problem though, at least for the majority of the Urban Toronto community.

dataBase file updated with the correct number of storeys (31, not 30), number of suites, parking spots, and the height finally added. Linked above!

Yup...how times have changed, look around and see what was built and today people nitpick over and about anything going up...lol

It is poorly built, but in reality, it is not bad for Toronto's usual standards at all.
Of course it does not, and shouldn't stack up against UT's expectation, but UTs expectation is way higher than Toronto normally gets. So yes, it is a bad buiding, but not particularly bad for Toronto (It doesn't make Toronto or Church st any uglier).

It is among the worst I've seen built in downtown Toronto in the last 5 years. Of course, I'm not going to agree with you that Toronto's condo market design standards are extremely low compared to other urban centres either. It's that obvious when you do move around.

So... can we issue a "design response" like this for this project?
Not to mention that in that response the following sentence was used to describe that project it was about:
They can’t just be big, solid, glass blocks.
And we would say, using the same type of description,
This tower is a hulking mass that should not have been built.
The latter phrase would be used to describe this project.

TI

This morning.

365Church1_720.jpg

365Church2_1283.jpg

Attachments

• 365Church1_720.jpg
    365Church1_720.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 293
  • 365Church2_1283.jpg
    365Church2_1283.jpg
    607.6 KB · Views: 349
Structurally topped off; taken from Edward St: