Oakville 360 Oakville Place | ?m | 6s | Hood Development | B+H

Mike in TO

Member Bio
Reaction score
Creekbank Properties (Oakville) Ltd.’s has proposed three condominium apartment buildings, 28-, 30-and 33-storeys tall with a total of 900 units, and a four- or five-storey, 10,705-sq.m. retail, service and office building, to be developed at 360 Oakville Place Drive, southeast of Iroquois Shore Road and Trafalgar Road.

This is great for Oakville whose planning websites and Mayor all claim to support new urbanism and dense development. So far their track record has been horrible, especially in North Oakville.

This proposal sounds decent but the heights will probably get reduced. It is disapointing, however, that the site is not transit-oriented. Towers of this magnitude (I'm having an Admiral Akbar flashback suddenly) should be built around the Oakville GO station for some serious transit-oriented development.

Otherwise, to quote Admiral Akbar, IT'S A TRAP. (not sure why I had to include this last part)

Stereotypes... siigh!

I live very close to here, and my God, this is a massive development for oakville... I bet anything that nobody will like this proposal becuase people enjoy thinking of Oakville as a "small town".

Then again, this is great for the trafalgar street corridor. It stretches from downtown, to here (which i consider midtown), to the currently under development uptown. Trafalgar is going to need some new mass transit going up and down it from this project.

I will probably be able to see this from my house, so I'll be able to give frequent updates :D

Edit: CSW, Why do you think north oakville isnt proving new urbanism? Have you seen the new areas near Holy Trinity high school, and all the new houses along glenashton in the uptown core? They are very dense, well planned, and successful communities. Not to mention the houses are absolutely beautiful. If you get closer to Neyagawa blv, which i think you are refering to, then yes, the newer houses aren't great showcases for new urbanism.

This is great for Oakville whose planning websites and Mayor all claim to support new urbanism and dense development. So far their track record has been horrible, especially in North Oakville.

This proposal sounds decent but the heights will probably get reduced. It is disapointing, however, that the site is not transit-oriented. Towers of this magnitude (I'm having an Admiral Akbar flashback suddenly) should be built around the Oakville GO station for some serious transit-oriented development.

Otherwise, to quote Admiral Akbar, IT'S A TRAP. (not sure why I had to include this last part)

Apparently Rob Burton has gotten some plastic surgery...I think it's an improvement!

AckbarStanding.jpg

Reviving this thread after 11 years!

Construction has started on a 6-storey office building with one level of underground parking on this site. Hood Development Corporation is the lead on this project. I apologize for not having any construction pictures, but they're digging now.

Last edited:
There’s a big (self storage?) building that is just finishing just east of this as well that is about the same height. This little block has quite a bit going on right now considering it’s a fairly mature employment area.

There’s a big (self storage?) building that is just finishing just east of this as well that is about the same height. This little block has quite a bit going on right now considering it’s a fairly mature employment area.
There is also the IQ Centre on Iroquois Shore, just minutes walk down the road.

There is also the IQ Centre on Iroquois Shore, just minutes walk down the road.
Fairly sure the self storage building is at the south end of that site. There's another building in the area that is getting a large single storey addition as well that is visible from the QEW.

Fairly sure the self storage building is at the south end of that site. There's another building in the area that is getting a large single storey addition as well that is visible from the QEW.
There is another building under construction in this stretch, which is the new HQ for Innovative Food (Teriyaki Experience / Chopped Leaf) ... which is the one with the green glazing beside Soccer World.

Back