Markham 3555 Highway 7 East | ?m | 53s | Brivia | Lemay

canarob

Member Bio
Reaction score
It's good to see another project in Markham Centre. Let's hope it's a decent hotel.

From incoming planning applications:

Stringbridge Investments Ltd
• 3495 Highway 7 East
• Southwest corner of Highway 7 and Warden Avenue
• To construct a 190 room hotel with associated conference area and fitness centre, ground floor retail development and two residential condominium buildings with approximately 500 units

Thanks canarob ... to elaborate on your post:

The proposed development will be sandwiched between CIRCA 2 and Majestic Court, southwest of Highway 7 and South Town Centre Boulevard

The rezoning application (ZA 10-109997) is to permit 4 residential towers arranged in 2 pairs, each pair sits on top of a 6 storey podium ... a bridge will connect the 2 podiums on the 2nd floor for cars ... another bridge will connect the 2 podiums for residents on the 7th floor to access to the recreational amenities located on the east podium ... the 2 west towers will be 13 and 15 storeys, and the 2 east towers will be 15 and 16 storeys

the hotel will be contained only in the east podium floors, and would likely be operated by Sheraton

the builder is Captain Developments (owner of the existing Sheraton Parkway in Richmond Hill)

the project is designed by HCA Architecture

I expect this Public Meeting sure won't be pretty with residents from CIRCA 2 + Majestic Court objecting in full force ~

Site Plan
Captain_SP.jpg

Context Plan - showing Stringbridge's overall land holdings (vendor that sold Majestic Court lands to Times Group)
Captain_context.jpg

North Elevation (along Highway 7)
Captain_elev1.jpg

East Elevation (along South Town Centre Blvd) - note proposal's height on the right relative to Majestic Court on the left
Captain_elev2.jpg

Perhaps MODs can update the thread title?
3495 Highway 7 East (Markham Ctr, Captain Dev, HCA Architecture, 16 + 2x 15 + 13s)

note proposal's height on the right relative to Majestic Court on the left

They used the original elevations for Majestic Court (10 & 12 storeys). It was increased to 14 and 16 storeys. The South Town Centre elevation should show the two buildings (Majestic Crt and Stringbridge) approximately the same height, save for some ground elevation changes (sloping to the south).

Typically 905 bashing at it's best ...

Seems like a fairly decent proposal given the sourrondings, the street wall is nice! Hard to tell but it seems close to the street ... highway I should say :)

Anyway, what's wrong with it?

With Tridel's Crica across the street, this stretch of Highway 7 will start to feel much more dense.

hmm, what's the car bridge for ? This is all residential it seems.

Interesting: Car bridge and a 7 storey fitness center.

hmm, what's the car bridge for ? This is all residential it seems.

Yes there is above grade parking within the building footprint ... the report states: "Two levels of below grade parking are proposed and above grade parking internal to the structure is proposed for retail and hotel patrons"

The plan appears to be incorrectly labelled, I understand the the fitness centre (to be shared by condo residents and hotel) will be located on the 7th storey, which is also where the roof terrace would be (stemming from slab podium to point tower transistion)

Yes there is above grade parking within the building footprint ... the report states: "Two levels of below grade parking are proposed and above grade parking internal to the structure is proposed for retail and hotel patrons"

The plan appears to be incorrectly labelled, I understand the the fitness centre (to be shared by condo residents and hotel) will be located on the 7th storey, which is also where the roof terrace would be (stemming from slab podium to point tower transistion)

Hey can you give us some updates from the downtown Markham project (i.e. pictures) :) pretty please.

Hey can you give us some updates from the downtown Markham project (i.e. pictures) :) pretty please.

No problem I'll make a round sometime this week ~ nothing new in terms of progress to see though ... nonetheless

Why would you ask someone to torture us with pictures of Downtown Markham? The horror!!!

if you put it THAT way ... :rolleyes:

Just try not to include the townhouses in the pictures then we will be ok ;). I may check out DTMarkham tonight as I'll be in the area. I won't be able to take pictures because it will be dark.

As for 3495 Hwy 7, here's another site that is designated for a mix of uses yet being proposed for almost entirely residential. Markham is in the midst of completing various employment lands studies that will filter into their (long overdue) Official Plan review. There is plenty of residential that has been built and proposed within Markham Centre, yet minimal amount of other uses. I think this site should be kept for office uses with a building that is a similar height as Liberty Square.

Back