Irok Lee

Member Bio
Reaction score
08021-mp-crop.jpg

Attachments

• 08021-mp-crop.jpg
    08021-mp-crop.jpg
    806.7 KB · Views: 2,533
New documents are in. These documents include changes for both Phase 1 (Western portion currently all above ground level) and Phase 2 (Which is the eastern portion that is not at ground level yet).
For Phase One, three changes were made:
  • The third floor retail concourse that spanned the entire podium for Buildings A and B has been removed and replaced with two levels of residential units, which resulted in a reduced retail area from 18,442 m2 (198,508 ft2 ) to 6,505 m2 (70,019 ft2 );
  • The height of Building C has been increased from 8 to 10-storeys;
  • The total residential units increased by 139 units for a total increase from 620 to 759 units, resulting from the reduction in retail area in Buildings A and B and increase in height of Building C.
For Phase Two, The Holding by Law that was in place because of Buttonville Airport having to approve and pass all building heights around Markham Centre is able to be removed after the developer meets a few planning requirements. Here are the changes to Phase Two with that:
  • The total Gross Floor Area of retail and restaurant uses has been slightly reduced from 563 m2 (6,060 ft2 ) to 557 m2 (5,995 ft2 );
  • The height of Building E has been increased from 27 to 30-storeys;
  • The total residential units increased from 454 to 506 units, an additional 52 units, resulting from the increase height permissions
The building heights for Phase One is 16,16 and 10 storeys, while Phase Two building heights are now 25 and 30 storeys tall.
More information here: https://pub-markham.escribemeetings.com/filestream.ashx?DocumentId=47562
Screenshot (1124).png
Screenshot (1125).png

CONSTRUCTION UPDATE: GALLERY SQUARE
"We are pleased to report that construction at Gallery Square is moving efficiently. Our hardworking and diligent construction team continues to work on all three towers ensuring our timelines are being met.

Currently in Tower “A” and “B” all exterior cladding is almost nearly complete from the 3rd to the 19th floor. Interior Suite finishes are underway in Tower “A” with the start of suite tile, kitchen cabinetry and trim carpentry install. In tower “C” the concrete structure is now complete, and all window installation is proceeding from the 3rd to 7th floor. We are counting down the days until our art-inspired community comes to life."
https://downtownmarkham.ca/residential/gallery-towers/

Here is the link to the floorplans for Gallery Square if anybody is interested! (Relatively large terraces/balconies ;))
https://downtownmarkham.ca/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/Gallery-Towers-Floorplan-Package.pdf

Also, some additional renderings from - https://downtownmarkham.ca/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/GALLERY-TOWERS-PROJECT-BROCHURE.pdf

Screenshot (3222).png
Screenshot (3223).png

Screenshot (3224).png
Screenshot (3225).png

Screenshot (3226).pngScreenshot (3227).png
Screenshot (3229).pngScreenshot (3228).png

Gallery Towers (AKA "Gallery Square Phase 2"): a proposed 30 & 25-storey mixed-use condo & retail building designed by BDP Quadrangle for Remington Group on the southwest corner of Verdale Crossing and Andre De Grasse Street, east of Birchmount Road and north of Enterprise Boulevard in Markham's Unionville area.

Relevant posts have been moved from the Gallery Square thread, which will remain for the currently under construction phase 1.

Current plans for both phases can be found in this 2022 document.

Renderings from Remington:
GalleryTowers2-1.jpg

GalleryTowers1.jpg

Gallery Towers.jpg

Another rendering from Remington, which appears to show the 30-storey Tower E on the right and the future Signature Condos 2 to the left (south):
signature_calltoaction-1.jpg

I dont understand how Remington moves at a snail pace while Times Group is already have their next 2x blocks submissions in to be built. What is Remington's next building, where's the submission/plans?

I feel Remington just doesn't put Markham Centre as a priority on their building schedules. I'm going to be dead before Markham Centre is even half way completed.

Last edited:
I dont understand how Remington moves at a snail pace while Times Group is already have their next 2x blocks submissions in to be built. What is Remington's next building, where's the submission/plans?

I feel Remington just doesn't put Markham Centre as a priority on their building schedules. I'm going to be dead before Markham Centre is even half way completed.
Yea Remington's pace is the reason i'm more interested in Vmc these days. It took them 3 years to nearly complete 3 high rise towers up to 50s there while over here Remington hasn't even topped up 25 and 30 storey buildings when they've been at it for 3 years on 2 mid rises.

I think Signature is their next phase as it's the only one with docs up so far. I really think the city and Remington should be looking at Vmc for inspiration. Already having the blocks planned out, submitting applications earlier and being on a good pace.

Back