Hamilton 500 Upper Wellington Street | 26.81m | 6s | Fengate | Core Architects

Paclo

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
488-500 Upper Wellington Street: a proposed 6-storey mixed-use rental & commercial building designed by CORE Architects for LIUNA and Fengate Properties on the southwest corner of Upper Wellington Street and Inverness Avenue East in Hamilton's Centremount neighbourhood.

Perspectives from the Committee of Adjustment meeting of May 2022:
HM.A.22.78-41.jpg
HM.A.22.78-42.jpg
HM.A.22.78-43.jpg
HM.A.22.78-44.jpg

Pleasantly surprised to see a plaza project get started. I'm actually shocked these are already viable, but I'm looking forward to a rush of these types of redevelopments across the mountain.

500 Upper Wellington will deliver a six-storey apartment with 261 units and more than 6,000 square feet of commercial space.

“The potential to provide purpose-built rental on Upper Wellington is conducive to families and individuals having close proximity to transit, nearby schools, health care and hospitals,” LiUNA (Labourers’ International Union of North America) director of public relations, marketing and strategic partnerships Victoria Mancinelli wrote to RENX in an email interview.

The building will be pursuing a LEED certification with features such as a green roof, geothermal heating and cooling, and energy-efficient systems. Plans also include integrated technology features to enable residents to manage their homes and access building services remotely.

Construction is expected to be completed in 2026.

Construction progress photo from Joe.

The scale of this building baffles me. It's got such a large footprint that above the first two floors which will be all commercial and parking, there will be over 60 apartments per floor on each of floors 3-6.

53135588391_eee169becd_k.jpg

The

Construction progress photo from Joe.

The scale of this building baffles me. It's got such a large footprint that above the first two floors which will be all commercial and parking, there will be over 60 apartments per floor on each of floors 3-6.

View attachment 501880
The
It's assuredly a big one. It will really increase the population in this area which is great because Upper Wellington has a few businesses that are closeby, but Concession is also a 15 minute walk or 5 minute bicycle ride. Concession is a growing destination for mountain residents and this will only cement that fact.

Back