News   Mar 28, 2024
 175     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 197     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 254     0 

335 College @ Augusta (Old Orchard Homes, 6s, George Popper)

androiduk

Member Bio
Reaction score
Couldn't pinpoint the address. It's either the Budget Rent A Car of the little strip mall at the corner of Augusta.

Application: New Building Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5T 1S2

Ward 20: Trinity-Spadina

Application#: 11 329681 BLD 00 NB Accepted Date: Dec 21, 2011

Project: Mixed Use/Res w Non Res New Building

Description: Proposal to construct a four-storey (plus mezzanine) mixed-use building with 25 residential units and retail uses on the ground floor. See also 10 117594 ZPR, 10 184466 MV and Final and binding letter A0558/10TEY.

This went before the commitee of adjustment in late 2010. George Popper is the architect if I remember.

Agreed. After parking lots, strip malls should be the next to go. I'm glad that three such downtown malls are getting replaced: this one, the Pace condos one and the one at Dufferin and Queen.

So it's not that shitty plaza at the corner? Just today I walked past it and wondered how much longer we'll have to put up with its offensive existence...

So it's not that shitty plaza at the corner? Just today I walked past it and wondered how much longer we'll have to put up with its offensive existence...

Those ugly, crappy strip malls don't belong anywhere in Toronto. I'll be happy when they're all torn down and replaced. (including the ones in the burbs)

Yes its in between the strip plaza and the Budget location. I purchased it a few years ago and spent quite a bit of time trying to figure how to best develop the space. We came up with a great design for the long space. It will be a rental building. The space has a small courtyard in the middle.

Yes its in between the strip plaza and the Budget location. I purchased it a few years ago and spent quite a bit of time trying to figure how to best develop the space. We came up with a great design for the long space. It will be a rental building. The space has a small courtyard in the middle.

Welcome to UT, TTG. I don't suppose you'd be prone to share any of the design plans with some nerds from the internet? Glad to hear it's a rental, there are too few of those being built.

Here are some pics. I'm not a full time developer. But I saw this as an opportunity to develop this space into an interesting project. The city has too many of these sites that need to be developed.

Attachments

• front_335.jpg
    front_335.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 1,927
  • courtyard_335.jpg
    courtyard_335.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 1,683
Unfortunately not. Budget would not sell and, I believe the corner plaza's owner is overseas. It would have been nice to redevelop the whole corner but there is little motivation to do so.

Back