Toronto 33 Baldwin | 10.6m | 3s | 2533355 Ontario Inc | Robert Chang

Anyone remember John's Italian Cafe? The patio, the sandwiches, the all-around vibe... it was special.
baldwinstreetcafes.bmp

Image source: http://squarewithflair.blogspot.com/2010/08/

I do.

Took a date there many years ago. The Baldwin vibe is still quite good but it was right special there for a bit.

You had that spot, the Mexican spot, the little bistro-like resto on the corner, and then the more upscale French offering. Been to all of 'em over the years. Every last one is gone, sigh.

Last edited:
I do.

Took a date there many years ago. The Baldwin vibe is still quite good but it was right special there for a bit.

You had that spot, the Mexican spot, the little bistro-like resto on the corner, and then the more upscale French offering. Been to all of 'em over the years. Every last one is gone, sigh.
Celebrated what was likely my best ever birthday across the street at an Indian restaurant called Jodhpur (also gone)...

Hate how they stopped after the 2nd floor

View attachment 507398View attachment 507399

Can't agree, I'm with @Towered here, this looks bad.

The only mistake here wasn't stopping at the second storey, it was starting in the first place. Send it back!

At least they didn't add another floor of this junk.

The light over the door doesn't work (I get where lighting maybe needed, but not that light, in that spot); the asymmetrical windows are just awful, though I could do without seeing a matching pair of either one.

Last edited:
It'll look better once they install a [large?] lighted sign (maybe with a large awning?)
where the junction box is located above the retail dororway.

Back