Toronto ANX | 48.07m | 13s | Freed | Teeple Architects

what can be built on 5 to 8 meter deep lot ? Also... this 30m setback could kill a lot of development along that side of dupont could it not?

what can be built on 5 to 8 meter deep lot ? Also... this 30m setback could kill a lot of development along that side of dupont could it not?
Personally, I'm proceeding on the assumption that there are other areas of the city that could be more densely developed than adjacent to a CP mainline. If Missing Link happens, by all means look again. There is existing stuff sure, but it's low rise and thus grandfathered not newbuild and tall.

Dupont bends right at this property. So proposals further west (aka at Albany and on Beer Store) have deeper lots.

Dupont bends right at this property. So proposals further west (aka at Albany and on Beer Store) have deeper lots.

And I believe the four projects further west along Dupont that were all simultaneously approved at the OMB negotiated to 20m setbacks, some, if not all, with crash walls.

Personally, I'm proceeding on the assumption that there are other areas of the city that could be more densely developed than adjacent to a CP mainline. If Missing Link happens, by all means look again. There is existing stuff sure, but it's low rise and thus grandfathered not newbuild and tall.

The site is a 150m from Dupont Station.... so the density should be allowed that close to a subway station.

under any circumstances? That's pretty one dimensional thinking. Transit uber alles.

While admittedly somewhat one-dimensional, Dupont station itself and that part of the YUS line is underutilized. Why would you argue that this is inappropriate? The single-detached fiefdom across the street?

While admittedly somewhat one-dimensional, Dupont station itself and that part of the YUS line is underutilized. Why would you argue that this is inappropriate? The single-detached fiefdom across the street?
Proximity to the CPR. With Missing Link and a GO station, and no double or triple header freights, a different equation. But not until then.

Anyone hear any updates on this? I read that the OMB heard the appeal and their ruling was expected in August 2017.

http://www.joecressy.com/update_328_dupont_omb_decision

I am pleased to inform you that the OMB has ruled that the proposal for 328 Dupont Street does not represent appropriate development for the site. The ruling has set a precedent for development adjacent to the rail corridor, refusing to allow high occupancy office uses within 20 metres of the rail corridor. This is significant - prior to this point, prevailing precedent had focused solely on precluding residential occupancy within 20 metres of a rail corridor. However, as a result of our collective opposition to this application, the ruling refuses to allow busy office uses – like daily occupied offices – within the same 20 metre area. We worked together to defend safety for both residents and office environments, and we won.

Additionally, the OMB found that the 19 storey building proposed for the eastern portion of the site was too tall, and has limited a building here to a maximum of 12 storeys (plus mechanical). This was also an important decision. While the Dupont Street Secondary Plan's height limit is 9 stories, this 12 storey approval is for the area east of the study boundary. The Board further required additional stepbacks on the Dupont frontage above the 3rdfloor. It is now up to the developer to decide if they want to proceed with a development on this site, and to advise the OMB within 3 months.

This looks like the successor. 13 storeys, Teeple Architects:

2fwwws.jpg

http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...icationsList.do?action=init&folderRsn=2623559

Back