Toronto 32 Camden | ?m | 12s | Sorbara | Core Architects

18 December 2012:

Today it looked rather blah...well it did sell cheap (investor crowd) c.2009 so why am I surprised?

20121218154511.jpg

20121218154331.jpg

20121218154250.jpg

Sales actually started early March of last year. I was at the friends & family opening sales event back then.
Yes, it wasn't cheap at all, but it sold really well.
The draw was the excellent location on a quiet street, the boutique size, nice unit layouts, and the sharp looking renderings and model.
I wasn't impressed with the interior finishes and features though.

This building went up in no time.

Last edited:
This building went up in no time.

Very little parking available (I believe only 9 spots), so not much basement to build to get back up to grade which is usually a slow process, also much less shoring and excavation, which also takes time. Big factors in why this one went up so quickly.

One hopes they will paint the underside of the roof as well the balcony's, as they distract from the look of the building at this time.

Its 12 floors on the south side and only 10 on the north side, except for the 1/2 east end for the other 2 floors.

The sidewalks were a mess on the street on the 9th when I shot it before Urbandreamer.

Anyone living on the north side better in joy their view now, as it will be gone in a few years.

It not the worse building I have seen nor the best one for this size, but does the job for the area.

The white spandrel is a strange choice because it takes away that great contrast between the pre-cast and the sections of glass set into it.

Looks good though, I really like the actual design of the building, and it's a good application of pre-cast.

Back