News   Apr 18, 2024
 279     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 1.9K     4 

317-319 Lonsdale - Condo (ANEW Building Corp, Forest Hill)

glicox

UT MEMBER
Member Bio
Reaction score
Is anyone aware of this project? Any background about the developer?

It's a historic conversion project in Forest Hill Village. 3-storey, 12 suites at 317-319 Lonsdale Rd.

http://317-319lonsdale.ca/

Here is the rendering:
2242749.bin

Last edited:
I wasn't are of this project but the Builder I recognize from a number of infill custom homes in the North York/Forest Hill area.

Project looks like it would fit well in the area. Who knows about what prices he'll want.

All I know about this project is that every single walkup along that street was added to the Inventory of Heritage Properties after this development was proposed.

This project seems like it fits the neighbourhood very well.

I wonder if the Forest Hill Folks would be willing to size down to a unit that's not 5000 Sq. Ft. :p

I love those walk-ups on Lonsdale; there are a few more scattered around the Bathurst/St. Clair area. In my fantasy version of Toronto those are the dominant residential style in the post-Victorian, pre-war city. I suppose they (or something like them) are in the 1900-1945 areas of Montreal.

I don't know what the current sales are for this project but I would assume half are still available. I've seen more marketing + the new video.
I would see these selling much quicker now. The units are done so potential buyers and walk around and see the actual units now.
The Market is going a little crazy lately and before the new HST and people BELEIVING that the interest rates are going to jump up a couple percent will motivate potential buyers....the problem with this development is that your whole target market is limited to basically the senior 60+ who live in the current area and are looking to downsize.

Lets see what happens.

From Twitter... via Urbanation and ADhoc Integrated Marketing Communications

An eBlast just came out with a new shot of the completed building. A VIP broker event is happening this weekend with a $10,000 bonus to agents for the four remaining units

In my opinion, from the photo ..this is turning out to be a great conversion project with an awesome location.

Photo

Last edited by a moderator:
From the photo the completed building looks good. IMO...Toronto needs more conversion projects like this that tie in the historical elements.

Seems like every builder is using HST to market their product - however I do like the 'Ouch' in the ad

I live in the area and fear that the developer may be in hot water as the place has been preceived as a dud - not helped by builder grade shiny brass lighting, plastic address numbers, bad landscaping and a rather cheap finish overall. Also, the carlift to the parking area is a bit too new for this area, overall a very difficult and very expensive proposition for anyone. 12 units only=+$$$$$

Back