News   Mar 28, 2024
 176     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.9K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.2K     2 

3130 Dufferin Street (Yorkdale Ford Lincoln, 7 + 17s, Turner Fleischer)

Preliminary Report Zoning By-law Amendment Application - 3130 Dufferin Street

http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2012/ny/bgrd/backgroundfile-50378.pdf

This application proposes to amend the former City of North York Zoning By-law No. 7625 to permit a mixed use development containing 374 residential dwelling units and 1,379m2 of retail floor space at 3130 Dufferin Street. The application proposes a 12-storey building abutting Dufferin Street, a 6-storey building abutting Apex Road, a 24-storey tower situated internally to the site (in the southwest corner) and a 6-storey base building connecting the 24-storey and 12-storey towers. With 45,814m2 of gross floor area, the application proposes a Floor Space Index of 5.84.

Long time no update!

The owner is still Yorkdale Ford Lincoln Sales Ltd., while the architect is Turner Fleischer.

This was appealed to the OMB based on the City's failure to make a decision within the prescribed time. City Council voted yesterday to oppose this proposal at the hearing, currently scheduled for January 2016. The City's reasons for opposition include

1. the proposal is not in conformity with either the in-force City Official Plan or the results of the Dufferin Street Avenue Study (consultant's report direction) and the proposed Dufferin Street Secondary Plan;
  2. the height, scale and density of the development are not consistent with the existing and planned context;
  3. the proposal does not adequately address Council-approved guidelines including the Avenues and Mid-Rise Building Study; and
  4. the proposal represents overdevelopment of the site.

Not that I'm cheering for any more garbage Turner Fleisher, but with reasons like those cited above, it seems like the City is presenting a pretty weak case. Reason 2 seems especially doltish in light of Lanterra's massive Treviso project across the street.

SOMETIMES I don't blame developers at all. Where would the city prefer toput the new people coming to toronto and would the city really prefer car dealerships on its major streets.

The January 2016 hearing ended up as a mediation, and then a hearing started on the 13th of June. The decision from that has not been posted yet.

Not that I'm cheering for any more garbage Turner Fleisher, but with reasons like those cited above, it seems like the City is presenting a pretty weak case. Reason 2 seems especially doltish in light of Lanterra's massive Treviso project across the street.
that's the issue, the development at Lawrence is too dense and then mote development here, another proposed at the Holiday Inn and I belive another proposed across the street on Apex. Look at Dufferin and the backup of cars and pity those people stuck on the bus. Faster to get off at Lawrence and walk to Yorkdale

that's the issue, the development at Lawrence is too dense and then mote development here, another proposed at the Holiday Inn and I belive another proposed across the street on Apex. Look at Dufferin and the backup of cars and pity those people stuck on the bus. Faster to get off at Lawrence and walk to Yorkdale

What is needed are some bus-only lanes serving the last kilometre or two before the subway station, particularly in North York. Lawrence between Dufferin and Allen Road is a great example of where this would be helpful. The same with Wilson between Keele Street and Wilson Station, where traffic spills off Highway 401, and there are many routes feeding into the subway.

…and the OMB's decision has been posted.

In advance of the hearing, the City and the proponent agreed on a compromise proposal, which the OMB essentially ratified. The tallest building here will now be a 17-storey high point tower, while a 7-storey mid-rise strip building will run the length of the frontage on Dufferin.

Back