News   Mar 28, 2024
 523     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 338     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 347     0 

3130 Dufferin Street (Yorkdale Ford Lincoln, 7 + 17s, Turner Fleischer)

Interesting, since I was there a few days ago and saw no signs up.

Please post the full link to the application.

like i said with the new development around wilson dufferin lawrence dufferin and eglinton and dufferin this street needs LRT or STREETCAR

I guess the buildings in dark grey are Treviso, but what are all the other buildings? Is there a plan to redevelop the whole area?

Yep, that is correct.

I am surprised to see a condo plan here, but am astounded to see all the other conceptual buildings. This is frigging Lawrence and Dufferin! Do all the aging Italians plan to buy condos here so they can live close to the Columbus Centre and Lady York Foods?

I dont know why people are shocked that this area is seeing development. One it is close to 401. Two it is close to Yorkdale. Three it is close to a subway and potentially a future LRT. Four its close to Forest Hill.

Just because this area has been under valued in the past and has been taken over by gritty plazas doesnt mean that its future isnt bright. Plazas close to Subways are going to HOT future development areas.

This area has a ton of interesting stores and restaurants but it's amazingly ugly. I walked here recently and it was a dreadful pedestrian experience. I was almost hit by cars 3 times in about 2 hours. I won't try that again. I was so happy when I got back to civilization.

This area has a ton of interesting stores and restaurants but it's amazingly ugly. I walked here recently and it was a dreadful pedestrian experience. I was almost hit by cars 3 times in about 2 hours. I won't try that again. I was so happy when I got back to civilization.

I agree but it's future potential is off the charts.

I agree but it's future potential is off the charts.

Oh I agree, it can only get better. I like the design of the community, I just hope they follow through with their plans. The problem will be the crazy traffic, especially near Yorkdale and the 401.

the only problem i had with the lawrence heights plan was that marlee was not going to connect to yorkdale mall.. if you look at the aerial map you would see how this would be a natural entrance to yorkdale which would lead to the parking deck and the vallet parking. the community doesnt want extra cars on their streets but they also dont want the density. density is coming and so are the cars so i dont see how not allowing the entrance will stop the congestion. all it will do is make dufferin crazier then it is. btw i rode the dufferin bus today and wondered why it could not be a curb side street car. i understand toronto doesnt do curb side street cars because typically the trains need to turn but on dufferin the route is essentiall one damn straight line.

I dont know why people are shocked that this area is seeing development. One it is close to 401. Two it is close to Yorkdale. Three it is close to a subway and potentially a future LRT. Four its close to Forest Hill.

Just because this area has been under valued in the past and has been taken over by gritty plazas doesnt mean that its future isnt bright. Plazas close to Subways are going to HOT future development areas.

I agree. The traditionally high-demand areas are getting built out. In terms of city-building, some neighbourhoods downtown are essentially becoming complete from a city-building perspective, with a dense, mixed-use built form and vibrant streets that are appropriate for a metropolitan city. Discarding the possibility of bad development like that which proposes to destroy our built heritage, the developers may be running out of easy-build locations.

Moving on to places like this neighbourhood by the subway and highways is only reasonable, though it may involve some risk and entrepreneurship. These areas in Toronto's post-World War II suburbs need the investment; they need to be updated to reflect the modern metropolitan city that Toronto is today, or they'll become isolated and possibly resentful of downtown. And they can be great places to live, made more walkable and urban with the new development.

I agree. The traditionally high-demand areas are getting built out. In terms of city-building, some neighbourhoods downtown are essentially becoming complete from a city-building perspective, with a dense, mixed-use built form and vibrant streets that are appropriate for a metropolitan city. Discarding the possibility of bad development like that which proposes to destroy our built heritage, the developers may be running out of easy-build locations.

Moving on to places like this neighbourhood by the subway and highways is only reasonable, though it may involve some risk and entrepreneurship. These areas in Toronto's post-World War II suburbs need the investment; they need to be updated to reflect the modern metropolitan city that Toronto is today, or they'll become isolated and possibly resentful of downtown. And they can be great places to live, made more walkable and urban with the new development.

Couldn't agree more - these horrifically hideous post war suburban areas that resulted from terrible car-oriented planning need a serious urban makeover as quickly as possible. That way they'll eventually be weaved into a more downtownesque dense urban fabric. Not only will this make these areas more aesthetically pleasing, but more importantly will reduce the awful suburbs vs downtown mentality that has been crippling the city ever since amalgamation. They need to be assimilated.

Oh and both Lawrence and Dufferin should have LRT ROW's.

^Agree with both of you, but in order to make the area really part of the urban fabric, there needs to be decent design treatment, otherwise these places risk being "urban oases" surrounded by a hostile pedestrian environment. The intersection of Dufferin and Lawrence is pretty dangerous for pedestrians, complete with long left turn cycles and rounded corners that allow cars to make right turns at speed. The right turn lanes should eventually be eliminated, and the islands where the traffic lights sit widened so they provide a University Ave-style shelter for pedestrians (especially older ones) who can't get across a 7 lane road in time. There also needs to be high grade sidewalks leading to Lawrence West subway station, and the interchange at Allen Road needs to be reconfigured.

Back