News   Apr 24, 2024
 792     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 536     0 

30-story building built in 15 days

cdr108

Member Bio
Reaction score
not sure if this belongs here or in another thread.

***30-story building built in 15 days*** Construction time lapse *View Fullscreen*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hdpf-MQM9vY&feature=g-trend&context=G2fdc418YTAAAAAAAaAA

alot of high-efficiency and high-tech features in the building.

i wonder how much more complex an apt/condo building would be vs. this hotel with the added electrical and plumbing for kitchens per unit?

can you imagine if our towers were prefabed and assembled on the spot !

something like this would take only 3 months to assemble (assuming 7 hour work days for 5 days/week to complete the 360 hours)

You also have to be weary of their quality if it's built in China. They could very easily cut corners. There was a earthquake in Taiwan which caused one of the buildings to fall. Inside they found the walls were filled with garbage (cans, etc) They sure weren't built to last.

You also have to be weary of their quality if it's built in China. They could very easily cut corners. There was a earthquake in Taiwan which caused one of the buildings to fall. Inside they found the walls were filled with garbage (cans, etc) They sure weren't built to last.

seriously ?!?!?
did you watch the video or are you being a troll?

features:
* 9.0 magnitude earthquake resistant (5X more earthquake resistant than conventional buildings)
* diagonal steel bracing
* 5X more energy efficient
* 15 cm glass curtain wall insulation
* 4-paned windows (most common in TO condos and houses are 2-paned)
* external solar shading
* heat recovery fresh air with 3-stage air filtration resulting in 20x (relative to location) cleaner indoor air vs outdoor

I've seen the video around. Someone posted it before. It was pretty much on fast forward with people running around installing stuff. Most of the building seemed to be pre-fab and they just put it together. But like I said, not all buildings may be done properly. Done fast doesn't mean quality. Like I said, some buildings (not saying this one) are done quick and dirty. Overall however, I think they do get things done faster in China than here. I've seen buildings get built like magic in HK, however they seem to use cruder methods as well. In the 3 months I spent at my relative's place, I saw them go from the ground up and almost completed the structure by the time I left. The building looks to be around 40 stories. But the way they do things are different from here. They used "pang" which are wood/bamboo type of wood tied together and they add to it as they go a long. I don't know how they keep it so sturdy but their method seems more primitive than here but gets the job done faster. Another might be the weather. They have better weather than we do.

I've seen the video around. Someone posted it before. It was pretty much on fast forward with people running around installing stuff. Most of the building seemed to be pre-fab and they just put it together. But like I said, not all buildings may be done properly. Done fast doesn't mean quality. Like I said, some buildings (not saying this one) are done quick and dirty. Overall however, I think they do get things done faster in China than here. I've seen buildings get built like magic in HK, however they seem to use cruder methods as well. In the 3 months I spent at my relative's place, I saw them go from the ground up and almost completed the structure by the time I left. The building looks to be around 40 stories. But the way they do things are different from here. They used "pang" which are wood/bamboo type of wood tied together and they add to it as they go a long. I don't know how they keep it so sturdy but their method seems more primitive than here but gets the job done faster. Another might be the weather. They have better weather than we do.
Wood bamboo? Uh, I'd have to echo cdr108 here. That followup statement makes it look like you completely ignored everything in that video and just decided to complain about something completely unrelated.

Last edited:
The concept and available technologies are not that new: Modular building and on site assembly. See Modular.ca.

I think it's the execution and scale is pretty impressive.
Assuming three 8.0 hour shifts, around the clock. It's also probably extremely well staffed, considering the labour costs.

I've seen commercial buildings get erected in Toronto in 45-60 days.

Even the footings apprears to have been pre-fabricated - that alone would probably take 2 to 3 weeks to cure if done onsite.

you can build things very quickly if your using fabricated parts.

Wood bamboo? Uh, I'd have to echo cdr108 here. That followup statement makes it look like you completely ignored everything in that video and just decided to complain about something completely unrelated.

My main point is, rules and regulation there probably wouldn't fly here. Also, I would take it with a grain of salt because we don't know the full details. Corners could be cut for all we know. Like I said before, quality doesn't equal to speed. Pre-fab isn't a new concept anyhow. There's probably a reason why it's not done often.

My main point is, rules and regulation there probably wouldn't fly here. Also, I would take it with a grain of salt because we don't know the full details. Corners could be cut for all we know. Like I said before, quality doesn't equal to speed. Pre-fab isn't a new concept anyhow. There's probably a reason why it's not done often.
So our suspicions were correct then. You decided to ignore the video, and posted here just to complain about other stuff.

you can build things very quickly if your using fabricated parts.
Yeah, I saw some videos of US homes that went up in a couple of days, because they were essentially all pre-fab and then shipped to the site in pieces. Each wall was already complete. They just needed to assemble them and then connect up the utilities.

Last edited:
So our suspicions were correct then. You decided to ignore the video, and posted here just to complain about other stuff.

Yeah, I saw some videos of US homes that went up in a couple of days, because they were essentially all pre-fab and then shipped to the site in pieces. Each wall was already complete. They just needed to assemble them and then connect up the utilities.

You don't even have to look that far... www.modular.ca tops bungalows in Toronto in 3-5 days...

Back