Mississauga 30 Eglinton Avenue West | 113m | 34s | Plaza Partners | BDP Quadrangle

mikejb

Member Bio
Reaction score
It was announced yesterday that Crown has partnered with Plaza Corp to redevelop 30 Eglinton in Mississauga. The office portion will be retained, and the remaining portion will be the condo site.

Crown's track record has been outstanding. They have repositioned numerous commercial buildings with amazing success. I can't think of one building they have nor done a great job on.

Not surprised... this area is expected to grow tremendously

Mississauga’s Downtown21 Master Plan, for instance, aims to boost office space from 3.6-million square feet to 17-million square feet over the next eight to 10 years in the area around the gigantic Square One Shopping Centre.
It was announced yesterday that Crown has partnered with Plaza Corp to redevelop 30 Eglinton in Mississauga. The office portion will be retained, and the remaining portion will be the condo site.

Crown's track record has been outstanding. They have repositioned numerous commercial buildings with amazing success. I can't think of one building they have nor done a great job on.

??????

overlay

Mississauga’s Downtown21 Master Plan, for instance, aims to boost office space from 3.6-million square feet to 17-million square feet over the next eight to 10 years in the area around the gigantic Square One Shopping Centre.

Lol, the city has hardly seen any new office development in the area over the past few years. So how do they expect to quadruple that in just ten years?

Glad something is happening here. First 151 City Centre Drive getting redeveloped into the Exchange District Condos, and 30 Eglinton Ave West. These small office towers getting redeveloped is a very good thing for Mississauga.

I personally can't wait to see the core reach its office development goals. The LRT is coming and it's going to change a lot of stuff, it'll open up a lot of new possibilities in terms of working downtown. It's a way different outlook from even a decade ago. I would not be surprised to see things like Burnaby's Gilmore Place phase 2 office tower start to get proposed around downtown once the LRT is in.

Planning Justification Report from August 2020: https://plazapartners.com/wp-conten...Mississauga-Planning-Justification-Report.pdf

2x 45 storeys & 1x 37 storey.

From the elevations on page 22-24: Building 1 is 148.6m tall, Building 2 is 123.5m tall, and Building 3 is 147.1m tall. All to the top of the mechanical penthouse.

Site plan:
Site Plan.jpg

The renderings shown in the report are a different iteration. Notable differences are the podiums and the treatment on the towers:
Hurontario 1.jpg

Hurontario 2.jpg

Another render from: https://plazapartners.com/portfolio/hurontario/
1612914216351.png

Back