YSL Residences - Yonge Street Living (Cresford) - Real Estate -

Rascacielo

Member Bio
Reaction score
Lots of micro units (less than 500 sq ft). They’re targeting Ryerson students while still pitching this as a luxury condo?

Lots of micro units (less than 500 sq ft). They’re targeting Ryerson students while still pitching this as a luxury condo?

Who else would live in those 300 sqft studios? I'm wondering what ppsf is here. Many tiny units as expected from Cresford. You go to any large scale project there are 2 things that you will always hear from the sales pitch: luxury and perfect for students. It's the hallmark of every sales pitch downtown.

Who else would live in those 300 sqft studios? I'm wondering what ppsf is here. Many tiny units as expected from Cresford. You go to any large scale project there are 2 things that you will always hear from the sales pitch: luxury and perfect for students. It's the hallmark of every sales pitch downtown.
To rephrase Kipling: beer is beer and champagne is champagne, and never the twain shall meet. Apparently not true for Toronto condos.

The line up starts Thursday at 3pm for agent sales apparently. Thoughts on the day by which they sell out? I’m guessing they won’t need the second day.

Received the following from Cresford:

Cresford introduces YSL Residences on Yonge Street!
The YSL Sales Event will be held this Thursday and Friday ONLY at the Four Seasons Hotel Toronto.
Please see below for details.

Date: Thursday, October 18th and Friday, October 19th
Time: Sales start at 3:00PM
3rd Floor Aria Ballroom
60 Yorkville Avenue M4W 0A4
Sign-up: First come, first serve. Agents to prioritize themselves at Village Arcade located at 37 Yorkville Avenue.

I have a larger kitchen at Manulife than in the biggest of those suites. Curious to see the prices.

The line up starts Thursday at 3pm for agent sales apparently. Thoughts on the day by which they sell out? I’m guessing they won’t need the second day.

Received the following from Cresford:

Cresford introduces YSL Residences on Yonge Street!
The YSL Sales Event will be held this Thursday and Friday ONLY at the Four Seasons Hotel Toronto.
Please see below for details.

Date: Thursday, October 18th and Friday, October 19th
Time: Sales start at 3:00PM
3rd Floor Aria Ballroom
60 Yorkville Avenue M4W 0A4
Sign-up: First come, first serve. Agents to prioritize themselves at Village Arcade located at 37 Yorkville Avenue.

Think it'll be sold out on day 1 IMO. Not including the "big" penthouses Plenty of tiny units and it's on Yonge St...I can already see the Sales pitch:

Yonge St! Most important street in Toronto! Rich Ryerson and UofT students! Next to Dundas Station, College Station. Eaton Center! World class mall! Dundas Square! Atrium reno!!!!!buy buy buy!!!

I'm kidding around but it is a very good location.

Smallest size is Floor Plan 001A - 311 Square Feet and starting price is hIgh $400s that is pushing $1600 psf.

Attachments

• 001A.pdf
    79.5 KB · Views: 566
I was at the launch event, also in the ballroom at the Four Seasons, last night.
Cresford knows how to milk its marketing and know how to create hype.
The room was packed with line ups outside, in the lobby, and just outside the elevator getting into the ballroom. There was no registration like there was supposed to, and seems like anyone could attend. Most of the people seemed to be there for the free buffet and drinks (most of them don't seem to be agents), taking tons of Facebook and Instagram photos and videos of the room, and the proverbial cheesy media wall photo stands at a few locations which people eagerly waited in line to get their photos taken (suckers!). The only takeaways were cookies with the YSL logos on them.
It felt like a big bad wedding reception (cheesy band included) -- some of us, including myself, had to leave before the presentation started (it started late) because it was such a clusterf#ck, pointless and annoying.
I'm sure it's going to be a similar scene there on Thursday and Friday. I could see why Cresford doesn't bother with sales centres.

There's actually a number of larger units (over 600 sq.ft.) in the floor plan package, with surprisingly a number of units over 1,000 sq.ft. (corner suites). I think there's a good mix of units for a Cresford development. I noticed that the highest floor shown is floor 68, probably to protect themselves from a height reduction.

D501A30C-5153-4130-9971-E3408EC64B39.jpeg

Attachments

• F4BB1D10-0D74-466C-9ADE-F9FDBC875424.jpeg
    F4BB1D10-0D74-466C-9ADE-F9FDBC875424.jpeg
    93 KB · Views: 510
  • D501A30C-5153-4130-9971-E3408EC64B39.jpeg
    D501A30C-5153-4130-9971-E3408EC64B39.jpeg
    100.7 KB · Views: 2,411
Last edited:

Back