Type
Number Date Submitted Status
Rezoning 18 225083 STE 28 OZ Sep 13, 2018 Application Received

133 queen east.PNG

Attachments

• 133 queen east.PNG
    133 queen east.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 3,041
For sure. I don't have a lot of faith that we won't see an oversized lump proposed to replace these auto shops.

http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...4448813&isCofASearch=false&isTlabSearch=false

133 QUEEN ST E
Ward 28 - Tor & E.York District

Zoning By-law Amendment application to facilitate redevelopment of the subject site with a 41-storey mixed-use building with an overall height of 125.55 metres to the top of roof (133.05 metres to the top of the mechanical penthouse). 440 dwelling units, 1,300 square metres of retail space on the ground and second floors

I'm definitely glad this lot is being developed. I hope the retail is not another bank/Subway though. Hmm, there's already a Subway across the street (north side of Queen), so there's that.

jeez - pushing height further east. 5 years ago this would have been a 17 storey proposal here.

The massing (and design) is everything. I don't think we need that kind of height here, but I don't mind, if it appears to fit.

Make the podium look like a mid-rise with a nice street wall only a hair taller than what now surrounds it, three/four floors. Let that street wall be brick, it need not be pseudo-victorian, but it should be sympathetic to its context.

Stick the tower in the centre, set back on three sides, and don't let it be too ugly or boring. I think a glass box that played w/Victorian stylings might be interesting.

As to retail, no big chains. I'd prefer true indies, but I wouldn't object to another outpost of Cumbraes or Sud Forno.

41 storeys is a lot to ask but reserving lower floors for non-residential to raise condos above the Fred Victor Centre and the rest of Moss Park's social ills may be the right strategy here.

Back