Toronto Carrying Place Vista | 48.46m | 15s | Chamberlain

drum118

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
This is about a haft a block south of St Phillips Rd. About 100 units.

On less you are on the 7 to 11th floor for the west end, you will have a view of tall shaded trees. The other floors will over look the Humber River.

A ho hummer design using bricks and glass. A nice u drive in front of the building off Weston Rd and a poor one at that. Needs to go.

It will be better than the buildings on either side of it and they are 7-10 story.

No city application sign up, other than the sale sign.

Photos to follow.

I may be mistaken but, this project has been around for the better part of a decade.

You're correct. The sign for this property is actually pretty weather-worn. I think this is a stale project if there ever was one.
Too bad tho, would have amazing views of the Humber as well as downtown.

There's TONS of potential development sites in this area of Weston, so I'm guessing this developer is/was a land speculator.

BTW, is this the one you're referring to?
Google Streetview

Last edited:
What I know about this area, that it is falling apart. I noticed many small businesses are gone, and new coming in. They wont last long. The area is in lost state. As for this building, this has been for at least 4 years still no sight in development. Developer is likely waiting for the right timing to sell units at the prices developer wants to see. If it were now, expect around $150k for bachelor size in this area.

Weston is a horrible area (at least the main road is). It really does feel like a lost and forgotten part of the city since it hasn't seen a lick of the unprecedented development boom of the past decade. In fact, were any of those awful apartment slabs lining that stretch built after 1970?? Hopefully that will change when the Union-Pearson air-rail link is done in a few years.

Last edited:
Mods, change the address to 2234 Weston Rd as I typo the address wrong.

Here the photos from Oct 08 and all Oct 08 photos are on line now. In the process of adding Oct 09 now. This is the longest spread between taking shot and uploading for me to date. Will have all photos up to Oct 25 on line by the weekend.
6283596631_7c182f7bf5_b.jpg

6283603151_fdaacf1719_b.jpg

What the residents will see from the west end from floors 1-7.
6284118224_518d814d01_b.jpg

6283598269_f5daf16052_b.jpg

6283597465_7bc0a5b4f0_b.jpg

Charming. Very likely the only sales centre I've ever seen where I have a legitimate fear of getting mugged in the parking lot.

As hideous as the 1970s time warp Weston is, the row of tasteless McMansions along St. Phillips is even more offensive. What a bizarre juxtaposition though; I'm guessing proximity to the Weston Golf & Country Club draws a bit of that money to this area?

2346 WESTON RD
Ward 11 - Etob. York District

►View All Properties

Residential 15 storey building with a proposed GFA of 8250 square metres.

Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---

Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Rezoning 18 120119 WET 11 OZ Feb 22, 2018 Under Review

Last edited:
Posts moved. It seems that was the wrong address for Weston Gates.

The address was confusing me, as I couldn't remember if the thread was a number or a name when I post the original thread. When I looked at the site on March 24, I knew I shot the site. Only came upon the name when checking my list to tag some photos. Odd 2 different address for the site.

Link: https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2018/ey/bgrd/backgroundfile-115358.pdf

City Planning staff have identified concerns with the proposal described in this report with respect to built form, density, height, massing, site layout, shadow impact, proximity to the Humber River valley, access, parking and loading. These issues and all additional matters that arise through the development review process will need to be addressed Request for Interim Directions Report - 2346 and 2352 Weston Road Page 2 of 23 prior to submission of the Final Report to City Council. While staff will continue to work with the applicant to address the issues noted here, since it is an election year, it is recommended that City Council direct the City Solicitor and appropriate City Staff to attend and oppose the application in its current form should the application be appealed to the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal (LPAT) on the basis of City Council's failure to make a decision on the application within the statutory timeframe of the Planning Act

Back