News   Mar 28, 2024
 523     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 338     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 347     0 

Stackt Container Market (28 Bathurst St, future park)

This place needs to be closed. They constantly have loud events with no regard for people living within five blocks.. they just dont care about noise violations.
This is such a silly and anecdotal statement. They’re not even open past 11pm or before 9am. It’s a huge draw for the neighborhood and there’s nothing else like it in the city. We actually need more spaces like this IMO for people to visit and spend time at.

Anyway, Stackt is a funny place. I find it oddly disjointed and underwhelming. It just looks like it was put together by a committee whose members were phoning it in.
It blew my mind when they decided that all the boxes should be black. Argh. Ack. Ugh.

It blew my mind when they decided that all the boxes should be black. Argh. Ack. Ugh.

Yup, that's one complaint. Too dire and sterile, to begin with. Kind of like a big corporation's idea of "fun." But then again, very little of it feels like it was well thought out. I remain uninspired after two separate visits.

Yup, that's one complaint. Too dire and sterile, to begin with. Kind of like a big corporation's idea of "fun." But then again, very little of it feels like it was well thought out. I remain uninspired after two separate visits.
I think that's an unfortunate issue with a lot of these sorts of projects in Toronto. We often take fun and interesting ideas but then run them through a corporate focus group, make sure most of the colour and character is eliminated, and end up with a sort of sterile implementation of the original concept.

The decision to partner with Blue/Belgian Moon (owned by global behemoth Molson Coors) for the "microbrewery" as opposed to partnering with a local Toronto brewery told me enough.

Nuit Blanche 2023: A poofy Gorilla Grodd in a stakt pickle...

20230923_204906_Burst01.jpg

Note: Not really of a great quality either...

Nuit Blanche 2023: A poofy Gorilla Grodd in a stakt pickle...

View attachment 508836
Note: Not really of a great quality either...
I went to Stackt to see this (looked better in the render), but the lineup was horrendous. The entire site was jam packed with people lining up for just about everything. Thanks for sharing a closeup photo. If this place is even half as packed on a regular summer evening then it's a resounding cultural success. I took a photo of this which was also an installation at Stackt.

PXL_20230924_014729884.jpg

Last edited:

Back