Toronto 140 Grangeway | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

ProjectEnd

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Build Toronto site coming before the DRP for a pre-application review. 6 towers, 35-52 storeys.
The site is located across McCowan Rd from Scarborough Town Centre and adjacent to the existing McCowan SRT station. Currently the site is vacant land with an existing vehicular ramp, and was a Build Toronto site. For this pre-application 6 towers are proposed with a new west-east public street. Heights range from 35 to 52 storeys. The approximate site area is 19,951 m² (4.9 ac). The property is situated east of McCowan Road, and bounded on the north by a Progress Avenue grade separation, on the west and south by the ramp from Bushby Drive to northbound McCowan Road, and on the east by Grangeway Avenue.

26_1.jpg

unnamed (1).jpg

Attachments

• unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 2,059
Front page story today with a pile of details about this proposal, and its rather bumpy first trip through Toronto's Design Review Panel: here!

This is what Scarborough wants. 6 ugly buildings with an above grade parking garage. It's essentially saying most people will drive, because even with the SCC station, transit will be terrible in this area and the SCC district will be a vertical high rise suburb.

This is what Scarborough wants. 6 ugly buildings with an above grade parking garage. It's essentially saying most people will drive, because even with the SCC station, transit will be terrible in this area and the SCC district will be a vertical high rise suburb.

Dude what is wrong with you? Who put salt in your cereal this morning?

I don't disagree.

The proposal does imply that form and the Scarb Sub will not help traffic in the area. Transit in the area isn't great and SCC is largely a high rise suburb...

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but until we get a reasonable transit plan for Scarborough, the doom and gloom is, in fact, much warranted.

Dude what is wrong with you? Who put salt in your cereal this morning?
I like salt in my cereal. ;)

In all seriousness though I was just venting about how bad this proposal is. It's a big joke by developers. The city is spending a tonne of money on SCC and this is the best they can do? High water table so let's build a giant above ground garage and no retail at grade. It's sterile and will continue the current mess that's there now. If this is how SCC will be built it will be terrible. I fully agree with the review of the DRB. The developers need to go back to drawing board. Such a large development should raise the bar and put something great there to invent other developers to one up them. Instead we get this shit.

Unfortunately, The Jays team batting average is probably higher than the number of large (multi-tower) developments that raise the bar in the GTA. There's a fair amount of retail proposed at grade not that it really matters.

I disagree with your wording that "This is what Scarborough wants." Scarborough does not want this. It is what a Condominium Developer wants. Thankful it's turned down by DRP.

well if they want the subway they better at least want this type of density.

This site isn't likely to develop until the city figures out what to do with the roads here. right now they are in preliminary planning stages for a 6 points interchange style project to remove all the grade seperations along McCowan.

well if they want the subway they better at least want this type of density.

This site isn't likely to develop until the city figures out what to do with the roads here. right now they are in preliminary planning stages for a 6 points interchange style project to remove all the grade seperations along McCowan.

Density is expected, but the design and programming for this proposal are unacceptable.

That's a lot of buildings in one area. I wonder how infrastructure in that area is going to handle all those structures .

0 GRANGEWAY AVE
Ward 24 - Scarborough District

Development of vacant land. Three residential buildings with below grade parking, 31 storey, 40 storey, and 53 storey with ground floor commercial uses.
Proposed Use ---​
# of Storeys ---​
# of Units ---​
Type​
Number​
Date Submitted​
Status​
Applications:
OPA & Rezoning​
19 202058 ESC 24 OZ​
Aug 7, 2019​
Under Review​

Preliminary Report:

This report recommends that the application be put on hold until property requirements for the Scarborough Subway Extension (SSE) and associated station facility requirements are confirmed by Metrolinx. Staff also recommend proceeding to schedule a community consultation meeting for the application with the Ward Councillor at such time as matters related to the SSE and associated station facility requirements are confirmed by Metrolinx.

Back