Toronto 1 Alexandra | 34.68m | 9s | TRIAGE Development Corp | Studio JCI

mikejb

Member Bio
Reaction score
The old Trull Funeral Home across from Sporting Life looks like it is getting ready for demolition as a permit has been approved and the windows are covered inside, for what I would think is asbestos abetment, and the trees are protected on Yonge. I believe the owner of the funeral home also owns the apartment building on the south side.

Nothing more to report, but something looks like it is finally happening at this site.

Funny. This is a building in the neighbourhood that I have never noticed before. I wonder if it has heritage value.

If it includes the apartment building to the south, then this could be a very lucrative development site looking at the lot area.

Funny. This is a building in the neighbourhood that I have never noticed before. I wonder if it has heritage value.

If it includes the apartment building to the south, then this could be a very lucrative development site looking at the lot area.
From what I understand the building has no heritage designation or registration. The gates are what the area neighbours have been trying to restore and protect at Alexandra Blvd.

20191227_122900.jpg
20191227_122921.jpg
20191227_122949.jpg

I can't understand why they knock this building down! Because I think the facade looks really interesting and well kept up for its age to be torn down. As you can see in the photos up above

Unless thing have changed, then this property should still be with Met Com. Also notable, the building just south of it at 2678 Yonge St is also among their portfolio:

The building to the south that Met Com had the listing for is owned by the same company tearing down 2704. They also own the apartment building. Met Com had the listing which expired a long time ago. The owner wants to redevelop the site but has been going very slowly.

2678 Yonge is a pretty decent looking older brick building and better naturally formatted than 2704 to accommodate retail, so I'd like to at least see the facade frontage maintained. The immediate neighbouring height precedents are set to 6-8 storeys, but with both properties combined I wonder if they'll go for something around 12-14 storeys like the Capitol Theatre redevelopment several blocks south.

Back