News   May 28, 2024
 182     0 
News   May 27, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   May 27, 2024
 1K     1 

260 Eight Street & 214 Birmingham Street

I didn't know a thread for this site existed (I had posted a couple of photos in my Aerial images thread) and a google search turned it up. It looks like there is some work occurring here, or did recently. The property seems to have been recently graded and I don't know if that was alluded to in one of the last posts from last summer.

January 15th, 2023
1673906776547.jpeg

1673906906419.jpeg

I think the last time I shot this property was in October of 2021:
1673906834286.jpeg

Pure Industrial REIT and Hopewell have partnered to construct a 2-storey, 683,301 SF last-mile logistics facility on 20 acres. Level 1 is reportedly 460,714 SF with 31 truck-level doors and 2 drive-in doors, while Level 2 will comprise 222,587 SF with 25 truck-level and 2 drive-in doors.

Both floors will have 36’ clear heights. Located in proximity to the QEW and Highway 427, this opportunity would cater well to any User looking to fulfil general or last-mile distribution and warehousing needs. CBRE is leading the leasing of the facility.
kYVc9zC.jpg

mail 2.jpg

Ughhhh this site has been vacant for decades and after the long wait to see it be developed, this is what we're getting???

I realize that industrial distribution/warehousing space is at a premium in the GTA, but I dont even know where to begin expressing my frustration with this.

Amazon's Barrhaven facility is 4 levels and 2.8 million sf. Not quite Hong Kong... but still.

Ottawa_Amazon2.8M400.jpeg

Then of course there is Montreal's Warehouse row, mostly now converted to offices:

1674672286357.png

Then there is the first multi-level warehouse in Canada, in Burnaby:

Oxford_Properties_Group_Inc__Oxford_Properties_Unveils_Plans_to.jpg

or a proposed warehouse in NYC which really takes it to the next level:

mail

Two level warehouse at Keele and West Toronto streets:

BiLevelWarehouse.jpg

I was just talking to a coworker about this lot/building earlier (I've worked across the street from it, at 222 Islington, for 13 years).

Brush is settling back in, since being bulldozed a while ago. A crew comes by every few months to take samples from the groundwater monitoring stations (I assume it's contaminated from the Anaconda Brass days).
I'll continue to daydream about winning the lottery and turning the building into a machine shop, with a green roof.

View attachment 478972

I didn't expect Google to drive up here...
Relevant to my interests! There are a ton of craft/fabrication businesses in there! Two Degrees North, a high end wood shop, leased a good chunk of the south building for years, subletting to a wide variety of artists (lots of ceramics, some leather, glass, etc.). They've moved out to Prince Edward County, but managed to find someone willing to take the leases over. A real hub for small art/craft business of that sort.

Back