Toronto West 22 at Weston Common | 107.59m | 30s | Dream | Graziani + Corazza

drum118

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
I thought there was a thread for this site, but can't find it
27264278212_047094734f_h.jpg

Taken yesterday. I saw a crew but no signs of shoring or excavation.
P1070466.JPG
P1070470.JPG

Attachments

• P1070466.JPG
    P1070466.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,998
  • P1070470.JPG
    P1070470.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,960
I don't much of a point in renaming them.

30 storey tower proposed for King and John? It took me a while to figure out it wasn't downtown.

I don't [see] much of a point in renaming them.
While road names were changed across the province in the latter years of the 1900s to bring them into accordance with the new Bell 911 policy, the phone company's emergency number department tried unsuccessfully to get Toronto to rename its duplicate roads: our Councillors were not up for the fight with residents on the streets that would have been affected here.

I was only able to identify the proper site location using the address "2 Elsmere Avenue" shown on the public notice sign above

While road names were changed across the province in the latter years of the 1900s to bring them into accordance with the new Bell 911 policy, the phone company's emergency number department tried unsuccessfully to get Toronto to rename its duplicate roads: our Councillors were not up for the fight with residents on the streets that would have been affected here.

Which suggests it's wasn't a big deal. To satisfy everyone, I recall an agreement was reached to include the community name in the address. 33 King Street was to become 33 King Street, Weston. I don't think it ever took off though.

Google Maps used to always give me the Weston intersection instead of the downtown intersection (e.g. King and John), which was frustrating. Now, I get the downtown intersection, but what if I want to go to Weston?

Whenever I open the MLS app to look up home prices in the neighbourhood (get a sense of how we've done), there are always listings for downtown John St. condos showing up on this John St. Doesn't seem to happen for Church or King (maybe because King downtown is always East or West).

Back