Toronto 485 Wellington Street West | 51m | 14s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

Automation Gallery

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
489 WELLINGTON ST W
Ward 20 - Tor & E.York District

Proposal for rezoning related to a 16 storey mixed use building with 136 residential units and 541 metres of retail space with one level of underground parking
Proposed Use --- # of Storeys 16 # of Units 136
Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Rezoning 16 114472 STE 20 OZ Feb 9, 2016 Under Review

Very interesting. Seems like The Well is taking its sweet time to launch. Always wanted to buy property on this street hope now is my chance.

Very interesting. Seems like The Well is taking its sweet time to launch. Always wanted to buy property on this street hope now is my chance.
Construction can't begin at The Well until next year, when the Globe And Mail Centre is complete.

Last edited:
It's because I think of Automation Gallery sometimes as (a short form version) AG, and in Google Streetview the company at this address is AG. It was supposed to be a funny comment that it's AG's very own building that is set for redevelopment.

RHjoK6s.jpg

Eww...are we sure we aren't mixing with another building's rendering? Doesn't look like it will fit with the area, does it?

Eww...are we sure we aren't mixing with another building's rendering? Doesn't look like it will fit with the area, does it?

You mean that has stopped proposals before? ;) You have to give them the credit for honesty in the rendering though - it must be one of the few that actually suggests glazing with mullions.

AoD

Meh... kinda' looks like it is playing off of 400 wellington a bit.

400-WELLINGTON-20-11-2011-4.jpg

If they lost the red bit and changed the windows I don't think it would be that bad... 400 wellington is a pretty decent building from the outside.

Back