News   Apr 19, 2024
 206     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 868     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 8.2K     2 

250 Front St. E (Greenpark Homes, 12 + 2x 46s, SvN)

I agree. Please keep Burka and Kirkor away from the downtown core.

This is a large rectangular lot. I wonder what kind of building can go here. Hopefully a quality infill with retail on the ground floor.

what is the size of the lot? IIRC, it's one city block.

is it big enough to accommodate 2 point towers in the 15-25s range fitting the SLM height restrictions something similar to Vu condos at Jarvis/Adelaide??

While some are less to be desired ... I see no problems with Accolade, Verve, and Element ... to each their own I suppose ?? (just like how I am not pleased with Republic)

Verve is OK, I guess. I like what they did with the loft portion....the tower....not really. Accolade, the blue is just ugly IMO. Element is just plain and boring. All opinion of course. I'd be truly disappointed if they built something like the towers I just listed in that spot.

what is the size of the lot? IIRC, it's one city block.

is it big enough to accommodate 2 point towers in the 15-25s range fitting the SLM height restrictions something similar to Vu condos at Jarvis/Adelaide??

Yes, it's big enough to support 2 towers. I'm hoping we don't see anything in the 20s+ range.

I found the UT thread for 'Axiom' just up the street (Adelaide & Ontario) by Greenpark. Initially they commissioned Hariri Pontarini and it looked promising. Sadly they then hired Kirkor and the new version looks like a suburban McCondo.
I suspect they didn't want to pony up for good design, so in came the corporate schlockmeisters at Kirkor. Too bad, HPA does nice work and it would have helped Greenpark to build credibility downtown.

Maybe for 250 Front, it being in the DESIGN district and all, they will hire good designers, and not schlockmeisters.

Last edited:
Looks like some movement is happening here. Full details still to be released.

http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...4289307&isCofASearch=false&isTlabSearch=false

250 FRONT ST E
Ward 28 - Tor & E.York District

Properties Involved
250 FRONT ST E
260 FRONT ST E
383 KING ST E

Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Rezoning 17 269658 STE 28 OZ Nov 30, 2017 Application Received

Eeeeeexcellent. So that's the Staples and the surface lot behind it, but not the Porsche dealership or its surface lot, right?

Eeeeeexcellent. So that's the Staples and the surface lot behind it, but not the Porsche dealership or its surface lot, right?

Yeah, from my understanding it's the western portion of that block. With the Porsche property excluded.

porsche.JPG

Attachments

• porsche.JPG
    porsche.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 727
Details have been uploaded:

Zoning By-law Amendment to facilitate redevlopment of the site with a 19-storey mixed-use building (75.5 metres including mechanical penthouse) with street related retail uses at grade and residential dwelling units above. The proposed development is comprised of a total gross floor area of approximately 45,824 square metres, including 6,197 square metres of retail gross floor area that is distributed between the first two levels of the building.

http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...4289307&isCofASearch=false&isTlabSearch=false

Can someone please remind me where the First Parliament Site Interpretation Centre is going to be located in relation to this development parcel? I thought it was this block here but I could be wrong.

It's the block immediately to the south.
This has not yet been decided, though it is the most likely site as the Ontario Heritage Trust owns the corner part on south side of Front and east side of Berkeley - they now lease this area to the car dealer. The City has just hired a group to conduct a Master Plan Study of the whole First Parliament site block. It is a very polluted site and it will probably mean that the building(s) need to go on top of the most polluted parts so they can be capped. There will be a District Library and some sort of interpretation centre and they will PROBABLY run along the Front Street side but it is really not clear yet. It may all be in one building, or not. There should be public meetings on it in early 2018.

Back