News   Apr 19, 2024
 359     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 682     3 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 741     1 

250 Front St. E (Greenpark Homes, 12 + 2x 46s, SvN)

I'm just happy something is finally replacing the single storey Staples building!! Hopefully the Porsche dealership won't look out of place surrounded by condos...

I've wanted to see that horrible suburban Staples get destroyed for a long time, but I must say that Greenpark Homes does not inspire the slightest bit of confidence. That said, let's wait until we see a proposal before we shower them with contempt.

True. A well designed building in this (the 'design district') would sell like hotcakes. A poorly designed building would not only be a hard sell, but could stifle the revitalization of the whole area. Hopefully they will rise to the occasion, and profit from it.

Last edited:
Perhaps Burka was the architect of record but definitely not the design architect, which was MAD.

True, I never said they designed Absolute 4 and 5, they ust assisted with the working drawings and submitted the building permit applications. I belive Burka designed the podiums and floor plans.

True, I never said they designed Absolute 4 and 5, they ust assisted with the working drawings and submitted the building permit applications. I belive Burka designed the podiums and floor plans.

I didn't realize that. I guess that explains why the podium SUCKS!

They were also involved with Accolade, James Cooper Mansion, Verve, Icon, Element... Way too much crap in their portfolio. I do like London on the Esplanade and Republic though.

While some are less to be desired ... I see no problems with Accolade, Verve, and Element ... to each their own I suppose ?? (just like how I am not pleased with Republic)

Back