Toronto SmartCentres Eglinton West | ?m | 60s | SmartCentres | Turner Fleischer

innsertnamehere

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Saw this rendering in a Smartcentres investors presentation. Looks quite significant:

westsdie.JPG

So this on the north side of the street and townhouses of the south side? Funny.

Good location for this density. Would be great if office space was included.

Last edited:
Big box stores typically have their financing written up for a 20 year life cycle - so not surprising. Big box is not designed to be permanent.

I have a feeling every Mall in this city is going to be intensified by putting the malls underneath and condos and Office Buildings on top. Ha Ha !!

This is the kind of density we should have been building all along Eglinton.

I am surprised the rendering didn't make mention of the GO station coming to Caledonia&Eglinton.

Also, as part of my wish-list, I hope there is a pedestrian bridge connecting the development to the Beltline Trail in the north-east, and connect it to Eglinton Connects bike lanes.

This is the kind of density we should have been building all along Eglinton.

I am surprised the rendering didn't make mention of the GO station coming to Caledonia&Eglinton.

Also, as part of my wish-list, I hope there is a pedestrian bridge connecting the development to the Beltline Trail in the north-east, and connect it to Eglinton Connects bike lanes.

The rendering shows the GO Station.

My bet is this development will contribute (financially) to the GO station, in exchange of density. A win-win situation.

I said this on the main page comments, but having the LRT, the GO, and a redevelopment of that size probably means a lot of redevelopment pressure along Castlefield, no?

I said this on the main page comments, but having the LRT, the GO, and a redevelopment of that size probably means a lot of redevelopment pressure along Castlefield, no?
Normally I would say that they are employment lands and cannot be converted - but with the PC's proposed changes to the Growth Plan, they would be able to be converted, so possibly.

The Canada Goose HQ is sitting on attractive land.

If Castlefield Avenue receives redevelopment pressure, hopefully that leads to a revitalisation of this stretch of the Beltline Trail, between Caledonia and Dufferin.

Back