Oakville 2377 Lakeshore Road West | 33.35m | 9s | Graywood | Diamond Schmitt

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Mentioned in this article:

Graywood acquired 2365 & 2377 Lakeshore Road West ("Lakeshore Road") in the Bronte Village neighborhood in Oakville as its second acquisition in September 2021. The Lakeshore Road project is expected to have 138 units in mid-rise built form along the shores of Lake Ontario.

Current view of the site:

lakesoak.JPG

If you are a native of Bronte, being labelled a neighborhood of Oakville, can leave a very sour taste, but from a real estate view it is sound marketing.

More importantly, this is an interesting development in a section of the Lakeshore from East Street to the Bronte Creek bridge that is so ready for infill and pedestrian orientated development to maximize the 'village' as it functions now. There has been some recent development in the area over the past few years but there is certainly room for much, much more. Decent connections to Bronte GO, decent bus network, decent cycling network centered on Lakeshore and the weekend plethora of pelotons. Should be interesting to see what comes to the table.

Good development for this strip, I think. No development application sign on site that I saw.
PXL_20220606_143143555.jpg

I also notice that across the street and east a bit, almost kitty corner, 2318- 2330 Lakeshore West are almost completely empty of retail. Perhaps another development proposal soon?

Back