Date Submitted​
Status​
Applications:
Site Plan Approval​
19 255712 WET 01 SA​
Nov 29, 2019​
Under Review​

Materials are now available:

A costco makes sense, but I can't see how why they need so many canadian tires in the area, there's one up the street at kipling and rexdale, another huge one at albion mall, and a 3rd one at weston and 401. Perhaps they are going to move the one from kipling and rexdale? That would free up a major corner for development.

I think it would perhaps make more sense for Lowes to try again at this location since its more easily accessible than the 401 and islington location that's shutting down this month.

viewSupportingDoc.jpg

Attachments

• viewSupportingDoc.jpg
    viewSupportingDoc.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 512
Latest docs have this image. Costco looks confirmed.

Looks like they are going for a fairly interesting multi-stack parking level to service the Costco and adjacent retail spaces. A bank of 3 large elevators will bring customers up to the Costco from the basement level of parking.

Costco.png

The other large tenant of the first phase appears to be Canadian Tire. I imagine it will replace the two Canadian Tires already in the area, on Weston Rd and Kipling, both of which seem quite substandard compared to most Canadian Tires.

Canadian Tire.png

Last edited:
Reactions: PMT
Latest docs have this image. Costco looks confirmed.

Looks like they are going for a fairly interesting multi-stack parking level to service the Costco and adjacent retail spaces. A bank of 3 large elevators will bring customers up to the Costco from the basement level of parking.

View attachment 277849

The other large tenant of the first phase appears to be Canadian Tire. I imagine it will replace the two Canadian Tires already in the area, on Weston Rd and Kipling, both of which seem quite substandard compared to most Canadian Tires.

View attachment 277851

Yes, both those CT's are awfully outdated, and the entire massive strip plaza on Weston has the smell of death...

Back