2131 Yonge St (Art Shoppe Condos) (Freed Developments) - Real Estate -

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Thread for those interested in purchasing in Freed Developments' new condo at 2131 Yonge Street where the Art Shoppe currently stands.

The marketing is very well orchestrated for this condo launch. Besides all the glitter this building does look like it will be a cut above the rest in the yonge and Eglinton area especially in terms of style and finishes (considering its freed).

The marketing is very well orchestrated for this condo launch. Besides all the glitter this building does look like it will be a cut above the rest in the yonge and Eglinton area especially in terms of style and finishes (considering its freed).

If you seen the prices you wouldn't be happy. Most floors 8ft ceiling starting price $680/sq ft 70 floor plans 600 units.

Seen the pricing...10ft ceiling up to 10th, 8ft ceiling in the middle, 9ft from the 16th I believe...$2K/floor so if you buy up high, you will come to around $700-750/sq ft
Of course does not come with parking/locker...don't know how well the sales went but long line up I heard. A few agents/brokers believe this "IS" the one in the Y&E area that deserve a premium...I am not sure..

I got an update. In only 3 days of selling, over 350 units sold. All that was released by developer for family & friends & select platinum brokers was sold and they could have sold more.

I got an update. In only 3 days of selling, over 350 units sold. All that was released by developer for family & friends & select platinum brokers was sold and they could have sold more.

Low. Should of been 500-550. If they increase prices(which they will) there gonna move even slower.

I also heard it was selling extremely well.
Almost half of all the units were sold just over the weekend (the building has 652 units).

It's unusual how they arranged the ceiling heights per floor:
Levels 6-8: 8' ceilings
Levels 9-17: 10' ceilings
Levels 18-34: 9' ceilings
The podium is really huge with roughly 45 units per floor and the podium goes up to the 15th floor, which is why they boast half of the units featuring 10' ceilings.
All units have generous sized balconies, while many have multiple balconies.

The building has impressive amenities, spread over 4 levels with 4 guest suites.
The finishes are ok, typical of Cecconi Simone interiors, pretty cookie cutter and should be a little more upscale (Corian counters for all kitchens and bathrooms, ceramic backsplash, meh). The kitchens are small and very compact and are the same layout from a 450 sq.ft. one bedroom unit to a 900+ sq.ft. two bedroom unit, and feature the typical CS chunky kitchen island/dining table combo that intrudes into the living space, which is really disappointing. If this is similar to other Freed buildings, there should be lots of freedom for upgrades or do changes/customizations to suit your taste and correct some of the interior design faults.

One noticeable feature is that the ceilings are "smooth, painted white" which is a departure of exposed concrete in most of Freed's developments.

In general it's a very nice building in a good location with a major grocer in the building (plus other retail) -- I think it's probably the best of what's being marketed in the Y&E area.

Last edited:
I also heard it was selling extremely well.
Almost half of all the units were sold just over the weekend (the building has 652 units).

It's unusual how they arranged the ceiling heights per floor:
Levels 6-8: 8' ceilings
Levels 9-17: 10' ceilings
Levels 18-34: 9' ceilings
The podium is really huge with roughly 45 units per floor and the podium goes up to the 15th floor, which is why they boast half of the units featuring 10' ceilings.
All units have generous sized balconies, while many have multiple balconies.

The building has impressive amenities, spread over 4 levels with 4 guest suites.
The finishes are ok, typical of Cecconi Simone interiors, pretty cookie cutter and should be a little more upscale (Corian counters for all kitchens and bathrooms, ceramic backsplash, meh). The kitchens are small and very compact and are the same layout from a 450 sq.ft. one bedroom unit to a 900+ sq.ft. two bedroom unit, and feature the typical CS chunky kitchen island/dining table combo that intrudes into the living space, which is really disappointing. If this is similar to other Freed buildings, there should be lots of freedom for upgrades or do changes/customizations to suit your taste and correct some of the interior design faults.

One noticeable feature is that the ceilings are "smooth, painted white" which is a departure of exposed concrete in most of Freed's developments.

In general it's a very nice building in a good location with a major grocer in the building (plus other retail) -- I think it's probably the best of what's being marketed in the Y&E area.

At the Berczy, the smooth ceilings put in by Concert were well done. The floors with 10' heights will be special. The islands seemed to be quite muted compared to previous CS ones.

Yes. The smooth ceilings will definitely help elevate the overall look and feel of the units. I have to me tion some of the finest hallways and elevators ive been in were from the freed building off king. I believe its called 550 Wellington. Key fobs needed to access the elevator and the hallways looked well finished & classy.
Then again, i don't visit many buildings....

Yes, seems like Y&E has hit the $1000+/sq. ft. mark with the newer condos. Some of the older ones are at about 800-850. Once the LRT is finished, prices should go up. I am no expert but that's my feeling.

Being from Ottawa, I love Farm Boy. Really great choice for the area.

What's the latest on move in for residents? 2020?

Back