Toronto Nahid on Broadview | ?m | 6s | Nahid Corporation | Options

Yeah, it's absurd that it's only six storeys right at a subway station, but it's the usual Danforth phenomenon whereby nothing remotely tall can even be suggested east of the Prince Edward Viaduct.

Yeah, it’s absurd that it’s only six storeys right at a subway station, but it’s the usual Danforth phenomenon whereby nothing remotely tall can even be suggested east of the Prince Edward Viaduct.

The tall buildings in this area (south on Broadview, and just West against the Valley) were built with that raze-the-nabe and tower-in-the-park mentality. Not very sensitive.

If 6-8 story buildings become common east of the Don, density would in fact go up substantially. I hink mid-rise would be suitable and compatible with the surrounding detached homes that colonized the area.

Yeah, it’s absurd that it’s only six storeys right at a subway station, but it’s the usual Danforth phenomenon whereby nothing remotely tall can even be suggested east of the Prince Edward Viaduct.

C'mon, man, that comment's absurd. There's a new tower condo at Pottery Road, relatively new buildings all along Broadview. The builder just decided, for whatever reason, to apply for 6 stories.

If they want to get more ambitious, they would have to buy out the houses just west, I expect, and the cost might be higher than they wish to pay. Not every building project needs to be tall.

The tall buildings in this area (south on Broadview, and just West against the Valley) were built with that raze-the-nabe and tower-in-the-park mentality. Not very sensitive.

If 6-8 story buildings become common east of the Don, density would in fact go up substantially. I hink mid-rise would be suitable and compatible with the surrounding detached homes that colonized the area.

6-8 story building are perfect. Those surrounding detached homes should be knocked down and replaced with 6-8 buildings.

marketing sheet for the sale of the property

http://www.dtzbarnicke.com/Client/JJB/JJBNA%20Web%20Listing%20db.nsf/d4076d2688530704852568c00074b8b4/f062e4bc6831aff38525783a00600f63/$FILE/796-802_Broadview_Ave.pdf

Well, looks like Tribute is trying to put up 24s on the site of the Estonian House at 958 Broadview. Company VP Steve Deveaux applied for lobbyist status on Feb. 2. The word from friends in the area is that Tribute is in some kind of arrangement with the Estonians that would see them get two floors for a community centre with 22 storeys for 198 condos. More glass boxes in the sky, I'm guessing. Anyway, this would put it right smack in the back yards of Playter Estates homes on Chester Hill Rd. That is one of the nicest streets in the east side of town. I can't see the neighbours selling out at all.

One has to hope that any objection to a new tower on the Estonian House site by Chester Hill Road residents would be tempered by the fact that such a tower would simply block the view of a much older and (likely) uglier tower.

One has to hope that any objection to a new tower on the Estonian House site by Chester Hill Road residents would be tempered by the fact that such a tower would simply block the view of a much older and (likely) uglier tower.

True but if I am thinking of the right building it's not exactly looming directly over their backyards.

Rough render and buildings to be replaced.

FullSizeRender-2.jpg

FullSizeRender-4.jpg

Dry cleaners on left not part of the proposal nor is the building on the far right.

FullSizeRender-3.jpg

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-2.jpg
    FullSizeRender-2.jpg
    345.6 KB · Views: 2,633
  • FullSizeRender-3.jpg
    FullSizeRender-3.jpg
    574.6 KB · Views: 2,297
  • FullSizeRender-4.jpg
    FullSizeRender-4.jpg
    443.2 KB · Views: 2,159

Back