Toronto 208 Bloor West | 115.1m | 34s | Resident | BDP Quadrangle

Being Yorkville and right across from the ROM, there's a slither of hope that the luxe detailing won't be de-value engineered away. Perhaps wishful thinking on my part but fingers crossed. Currently, it's a gorgeous looking proposal.

I preferred previously a little shorter than its western neighbour breaking up the row massing. Going from 46 to 142 units speaks volumes about the excess supply of large luxury units in the downtown.

I don't think it says anything about "excess luxury supply" at all. It's far better for your proforma to sell smaller units at a higher PSF and a quicker absorption rate.

Whether that makes for a city worth living in is another thing entirely...

I don't think it says anything about "excess luxury supply" at all. It's far better for your proforma to sell smaller units at a higher PSF and a quicker absorption rate.

Whether that makes for a city worth living in is another thing entirely...
ProjectEnd, agree that smaller units unload quicker. With high inflation, there may be some accelerated motivation here to go smaller for the developer. I couldn't imagine living in a 400 sq ft shoe box for any length of time regardless of shared amenities.

Edit: I'm going to add a little context here. I've well into my senior years and I don't get pass the property line of my house very often these days. Moving into a small condo wouldn't work for me.

Last edited:
This one was approved yesterday at TEYCC, subject to some minor tweaks..

1681395638523.png

1681395691230.png

A drinking fountain in the Bloor Street sidewalk/ROW, to financed and operated by the developer............ LOL; I don't object, but that's certainly different.

Link: https://secure.toronto.ca/council/agenda-item.do?item=2023.TE4.10

Just a reminder that such things do not get approved at Community Council meetings. They get recommended for approval at City Council, usually three weeks later.

A drinking fountain in the Bloor Street sidewalk/ROW, to financed and operated by the developer............ LOL; I don't object, but that's certainly different.

I love this! I think the city and council should push developers to provide public bathroom facilities accessible from the street or lobby as well.

Back