News   Mar 28, 2024
 702     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 479     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 796     0 

2019 Canadian Federal Election

Agree with the first part. He is a quiet, humble and competent leader. Not exciting, just able.

For Liberal voters, arrogance, flamboyance, selfies, condescension, corruption and ineptness are viewed as assets. Anything that appeals to a teen aged mentality voter.

Harper groomed Scheer well. I remember the media being vexated over the fact that Harper was so "uninteresting" they had nothing sensationalist to report about him. Seem's today's media culture strives in chaos and turmoil and anyone coming along that doesn't fit into that mold is outcast.

Slow and steady wins the race. No one thought Scheer would even get this far with the Bernier defection and whatnot. But Trudeau is making an absolute fool of himself and Singh is invisible. It's likely the Greens win more seats in this coming election at the expense of both the Libs and the NDP at this point.

Agree with the first part. He is a quiet, humble and competent leader. Not exciting, just able.

For Liberal voters, arrogance, flamboyance, selfies, condescension, corruption and ineptness are viewed as assets. Anything that appeals to a teen aged mentality voter.

He couldn't denounce Pizzagate and bungled his statement about the New Zealand shooting.

He couldn't denounce Pizzagate and bungled his statement about the New Zealand shooting.
  • He was answering a rambling question where he didn't even hear the entire thing. I believe a journalist in attendance (Michael Harris?) also didn't hear it.
  • His statement about New Zealand was the first (by about 9 hours). If anything, he should be commended for realizing the magnitude of this, or actually working late enough to still be paying attention to events after the workday was over. His was late at night, while the others were in the morning. The statement was also very similar to that of the GG and Ralph Goodeale. It was a smear the Liberals tried, but eventually realized there was no validity to it.

. But Trudeau is making an absolute fool of himself and Singh is invisible.

Or, was invisible, before his byelection. At this point, it might be more about the same old third-party-itis than about "invisibility" on Singh's part...

• He was answering a rambling question where he didn't even hear the entire thing. I believe a journalist in attendance (Michael Harris?) also didn't hear it.
  • His statement about New Zealand was the first (by about 9 hours). If anything, he should be commended for realizing the magnitude of this, or actually working late enough to still be paying attention to events after the workday was over. His was late at night, while the others were in the morning. The statement was also very similar to that of the GG and Ralph Goodeale. It was a smear the Liberals tried, but eventually realized there was no validity to it.

Oh he knows and heard. Hamish Marshall is his campaign manager and was also part of The Rebel. They peddled that kind of nonsense.

I am just saying Wynne Tried the same tactics against Ford and they had no effect.

My point is Trudeau is gone from an asset to the liberal brand to becoming the person dragging them down as Canadians as a whole find the guy rather annoying.

My point is Scheer is not that likeable but if the hate of Trudeau is strong enough, Scheer's problems wont have much of an effect during the election.

Personally unless Trudeau can rally the Troops I expect a lot of Liberals are gonna home hope in the election.

I am just saying Wynne Tried the same tactics against Ford and they had no effect.

My point is Trudeau is gone from an asset to the liberal brand to becoming the person dragging them down as Canadians as a whole find the guy rather annoying.

My point is Scheer is not that likeable but if the hate of Trudeau is strong enough, Scheer's problems wont have much of an effect during the election.

Personally unless Trudeau can rally the Troops I expect a lot of Liberals are gonna home hope in the election.
Scheer is about as bland a leader as they could pick. The CPC decided to avoid controversial leaders like Bernier and Leitch because when the leadership was held Trudeau was at the peak of popularity and they had to pick someone neutral, moderate, and palatable to the press as well. But it seems that no matter who the CPC pick, the Liberals will always try to smear them as extreme - just as Harper and his "hidden agenda".
The thing with a lie is, that if repeated often enough, people start to think it's true.

I am not sure if he means it or if Hamish just tells him to do it, but Scheer goes out of his way to not denounce fringe elements of the CPC base.

Scheer is about as bland a leader as they could pick. The CPC decided to avoid controversial leaders like Bernier and Leitch because when the leadership was held Trudeau was at the peak of popularity and they had to pick someone neutral, moderate, and palatable to the press as well. But it seems that no matter who the CPC pick, the Liberals will always try to smear them as extreme - just as Harper and his "hidden agenda".
The thing with a lie is, that if repeated often enough, people start to think it's true.

Remember that the CPC won big with immigrants and minorities in 2011, only to adopt questionable tactics and lose them in 2015. They never did realize it was a bad thing and doubled down on those tactics.

Remember that the CPC won big with immigrants and minorities in 2011, only to adopt questionable tactics and lose them in 2015. They never did realize it was a bad thing and doubled down on those tactics.

Though they're counting a lot on their having repatriated a lot of the same in Ontario in 2018.

I am not sure if he means it or if Hamish just tells him to do it, but Scheer goes out of his way to not denounce fringe elements of the CPC base.

I would say the Muslim community is quite behind Trudeau.

But in the Punjabi Community I notice there is a generational divide. The older people love Trudeau out of respect of his dad while the younger group find him rather annoying or voted for him in 2015 and likely won't vote at all in 2019 in similar numbers.

Issue for the liberals is that sure a lot of people who voted liberal won't go to the Tories but if they don't vote either its quite bad.

Thats why the 905 could be quite bad for the liberals in 2019.

Patrick Brown beat Linda Jeffrey due to the Indian vote really.

Here's a curiosity though, I'm not sure Brown didn't run to Jeffrey's Left.

Pro-LRT, Pro downtown, Pro intensification, etc etc.

Issue for the liberals is that sure a lot of people who voted liberal won't go to the Tories but if they don't vote either its quite bad.

Thats why the 905 could be quite bad for the liberals in 2019.

No question the Liberal brand is damaged. But some question about what happens to voters who aren't motivated go for him again.

One '905' riding to watch, Jane Philpott's

If, as expected, she and Wilson-Reybold are ousted from caucus, and presumably would not be permitted to run as Liberal in the fall, will they still run?

As independents? Or could they both shift to another party?

Either way, I suspect their names might hold the riding for whomever they run for........

Scheer is not a moderate. Never has been.

He's clearly on the right of the party, not a 'red tory'. Being less extreme than Leitch does not make one a moderate.

No question the Liberal brand is damaged. But some question about what happens to voters who aren't motivated go for him again.

One '905' riding to watch, Jane Philpott's

If, as expected, she and Wilson-Reybold are ousted from caucus, and presumably would not be permitted to run as Liberal in the fall, will they still run?

As independents? Or could they both shift to another party?

Either way, I suspect their names might hold the riding for whomever they run for........
Both JP and JWR are on the Left side of the Liberal Party. (Some would say the entire Liberal Party is left of where they have been in the past 35 years).
Otherwise they would have gone over to the CPC already.

This abandonment of Trudeau actually started a while ago, but Leona Alleslev was more of a moderate and was happy to join the CPC rather than stay behind in a party lead by Trudeau. Remember what she said;
Alleslev explained away her shifting loyalties Monday by saying the Liberal party has not adequately addressed some "foundational challenges" facing Canada. She cited the government's handling of the economy, tax reform, foreign affairs and trading relationships, and what she calls inadequate military spending, as the reasons motivating her to jump from the government bench to the Tories.
. . . .
"My attempts to raise my concerns with this government were met with silence," Alleslev said in a speech in the House of Commons announcing her move. "It's my duty to stand and be counted. Our country is at risk.
These are the same basic argument we hear now. Trudeau is not competent on many files (i.e. economy, trade, foreign affairs, etc.). Trudeau also doesn't listen to anyone on his team and expects to always get his way.

Back