News   Mar 28, 2024
 273     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 252     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 289     0 

2018 Ontario PC Leadership Race

Who do you think will win the PC leadership race (not who do you support)?

• Patrick Brown

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Christine Elliott

Votes: 25 83.3%
  • Doug Ford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tanya Granic Allen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Caroline Mulroney

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He realizes he doesn't have a chance.
Maybe or maybe the Party is SUCH a mess (as he says) that it is more important to fix it.
From CBC
Ontario Progressive Conservative interim leader Vic Fedeli announced on Tuesday that he will not run for the leadership of the party.

Fedeli was selected as interim leader on Friday by the PC caucus after Patrick Brown, accused of sexual misconduct, resigned as leader.

Fedeli said all of his energy needs to be focused on problems within the party, including issues with its computer systems, membership analysis and internal reporting.

"It has been a chaotic time for our party," he said. "I will root out any rot that has manifested itself. All of this needs work and that's what I intend to do."

Not a fan of his demeanor and surely he could be as crooked as the Liberals who need a TO. But what are you so scared of for Toronto? That DRL might get actually funded? Even the Downtown Streetcar/bicycle fanatics on council wont have to worry about him as Mayor for their pilot projects? Im not a fan of him as a person but don't see the doomsday scenario that some get overly worked up about. And aside from having to listen to him, I could see it helping Toronto long term by vastly improving our subway network thru Scarborough and much needed relief for the Yonge Line. Get that straightened around, put the Liberals in the penalty box for 4-8 years and move forward. Not so bad.

You only look at the US to see how much of that is looking through rose coloured glasses. People who have a history of non-performance and shady dealings aren't going to turn into high performers or saints when they gain the power.

Maybe or maybe the Party is SUCH a mess (as he says) that it is more important to fix it.

You don't climb down that easily just because of internal party problems - internecine conflicts between caucus and party executive?

I found this juxtapositioning odd:

"It has been a chaotic time for our party," he said. "I will root out any rot that has manifested itself. All of this needs work and that's what I intend to do."

Fedeli said the candidates need to be assured that they are entering a "clean race" and an "outside system" will be brought in to secure its computer systems.

He said the internal party structure is "much worse" than he previously thought.

"As a team, we will continue to work, day in and day out, to hold the Wynne Liberals accountable for years of scandal, mismanagement, and waste, and continue to make the case for change at Queen's Park."

A party that couldn't even manage its' own house isn't in a position to tell others to be accountable.

AoD

Last edited:
Oh man, maybe Ford is more popular then we think? Or nobody wants to risk being embarrassed by Wynne?

At this pace Ford will be acclaimed.

Maybe the PCs have internal polling showing they are screwed.

Oh man, maybe Ford is more popular then we think? Or nobody wants to risk being embarrassed by Wynne?

At this pace Ford will be acclaimed.

Maybe the PCs have internal polling showing they are screwed.

1. Any half decent candidate can easily beat Wynne right now, its just the opposition is a mess...You put John Tory as the Tory leader, and Wynne wil be toast but that wont happen.
2. Doug Ford is a huge force like it or not.

I would have voted for Brown. Hold my nose and voted. But I would have done it. Governments like underwear, need to be changed occasionally. And the Liberals are starting to stink. And I say this as someone who voted for Wynne last go.

But if Ford is the leader? Uggh. I won't be able to swallow hard enough to do it.

I hope Elliott runs. She the only hope for centrists like me.

Back