News   Mar 28, 2024
 196     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 607     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 372     0 

2018 Municipal Election: Toronto Council Races

How many non-incumbent winners will there be on council?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I added a map for Ward 8 - St. Paul's John Tory's robocalls for Mihevc didn't help much (unlike Bradford or Grimey). Old Ward 22 came out strong for Matlow, and it had more electors than the part of Ward 21 that was merged into the new ward.

I really liked Mihevc, but Matlow is the stronger politician. And at least he'll make Tory's second term a little more difficult.

I added a map for Ward 8 - St. Paul's John Tory's robocalls for Mihevc didn't help much (unlike Bradford or Grimey). Old Ward 22 came out strong for Matlow, and it had more electors than the part of Ward 21 that was merged into the new ward.

I really liked Mihevc, but Matlow is the stronger politician. And at least he'll make Tory's second term a little more difficult.
I have the feeling that Ward 21's Jewish population also went for Matlow, despite Mihevc being their representative for many years.

I have the feeling that Ward 21's Jewish population also went for Matlow, despite Mihevc being their representative for many years.

My feeling is that affluence (i.e. generic disinclination t/w NDP politics) defined the Matlow tilt more than "Jewishness"--Mihevc's weakest spots in his former ward were *always* weak or at best vote-parked spots for him. And in fact, the John Tory endorsement might have giveth what affluence taketh away, at least within Matlow's former ward where Matlow's narrowest margins happened to be in Forest Hill and nodes of affluence like the Granite Club condos...

Back