News   Mar 28, 2024
 350     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 363     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 711     0 

2018 Municipal Election: Toronto Council Races

How many non-incumbent winners will there be on council?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I find it funny how outraged people are at Mark Towhey's suggestion that Sarah Doucette "lost the nomination" in Parkdale-High park. The outrage really leads me to believe there is some truth to it. At worst she knew she wouldn't get nominated so she just didn't attempt it.

"Thorns_Embrace" conspiracy theory: John Tory is preparing a slate of candidates to endorse and Bailao made it over Palacio.

If you were planning to volunteer for Ana Bailao to keep out the awful Cesar Palacio, you don't have to worry anymore as Cesar has withdrawn. If you want to make a difference now you can volunteer for Shelley Carroll who is facing a tough battle against a friend of the recently elected PC MPP.

Last edited:
Very surprising move by Palacio. Slam dunk win for Bailão.

Given how supportive he was of Ford’s council decision, maybe Ford is giving him a cushy gig?

- Han Dong didn’t re-register.

- Joyce Rowlands, who I believe is the daughter of June Rowlands, is running in University-Rosedale.i

I find it funny how outraged people are at Mark Towhey's suggestion that Sarah Doucette "lost the nomination" in Parkdale-High park. The outrage really leads me to believe there is some truth to it. At worst she knew she wouldn't get nominated so she just didn't attempt it.
In essence you self-nominate so it's pretty hard to 'lose a nomination' in Council races. You can lose the support of some 'group' or Party and you can certainly lose the actual election.

Sounds like Ana Bailao is going through the Jaye Robinson transformation of progressive to Tory's pet. I fully expect Tory to endorse her.

I think Shelley Carroll is popular enough in her ward to win easily. Anyone else think otherwise?

Sounds like Ana Bailao is going through the Jaye Robinson transformation of progressive to Tory's pet. I fully expect Tory to endorse her.

I think Shelley Carroll is popular enough in her ward to win easily. Anyone else think otherwise?

She did exceptionally well under the Liberal banner in June given the circumstances.

Back