News   Nov 14, 2019
 575     5 
News   Nov 14, 2019
 661     0 
News   Nov 14, 2019
 420     0 

2018 Municipal Election: Toronto Council Races

How many non-incumbent winners will there be on council?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ShonTron

Member Bio
Reaction score
From the poll by poll results you can find here I am just going to do some analysis on ward 25 where McKelvie beat Shan
It was a really interesting race. I would like someone like to map this out. My read of the results is that Shan crushed his old ward. The interesting point it Shan really flopped south of the 401, and it cost him the race. This was a really interesting result that would have made more sense if McKelvie was an incumbent councilor but she isn't so I am surprised at the vote share she received(even though i was shilling for her through the election).
Ask, and you shall receive…

https://seanmarshall.ca/2018/11/11/mapping-the-council-race-in-ward-25-scarborough-rouge-park/

Unfortunately the voter statistics aren’t out yet, which includes voter turnout by ward and by poll.

ShonTron

Member Bio
Reaction score
I've been slowly adding more poll results by ward. It's a slow process, doing it on my spare time. But so far, I've competed Ward 25, Ward 19, Ward 8, and Ward 7.

Had the 47 wards held, Mammoliti would have won re-election based on the poll results. Neethan Shan was really hurt by the ward changes as McKelvie had the geographic advantage, and while it's possible Carmichael Greb would have won in the 47 ward model as well, but at least Josh Mike Colle gave voters a clear front runner, so Colle won in CCG's old turf.

Brad Bradford's win might not have happened without Tory's very vocal support, including the robo-calls. That was another really close race.

AlvinofDiaspar

Member Bio
Reaction score
Tory got re-elected and probably won't pursue a third term.
I am sure he will sleep fine.
I don't think he was so definitive after this last election. In any case, he could easily have argued his support has nothing to do with the behaviour of the councillor part of parcel of this case, etc.

AoD

Amare

Member Bio
Reaction score
Let's be honest, if convicted, we all know Grimes wont be removed from office as our system usually likes to go for the nice slapping of the wrist.

What I do hope is that the man is barred from running from future municipal elections, what he did was improper and makes me wonder if he didnt disclose expenses properly for other municipal elections as well. At this rate, barring him from running for future elections is probably the only way this man will ever get out of office since many constituents have some kind of fad with electing him.

As for DiCiano, I think this is just the beginning for him. He seems a lot more suspect.