News   Apr 19, 2024
 490     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 9.7K     3 

2014 Municipal Election: Toronto Mayoral Race

If 'playing golf' is sexist, then having lunch with your female boss is also considered sexist.

What other event can you get to spend half a day socializing with your boss and other potential clients?

it's pretty rediculous and myopic of Chow supporters and Tory haters to actually run with this- that's the kind divisive tactic that chow is implementing, she's no different than the Fords.

Last edited:
Looking forward to the day when men are forced to "learn to knit" to further their career, because where else can you socialize with your female boss for half a day, other than stitch & bitch?

Looking forward to the day when men are forced to "learn to knit" to further their career, because where else can you socialize with your female boss for half a day, other than stitch & bitch?

To assume all women knit is an incredibly exist thing to say.

As is saying women need to learn to golf to further their career. Guess I'm on the same level with John Tory.

It's not. You're specifically saying that knitting is a woman's activity, and that to get ahead that men should knit with their female employers.
Where as Tory didn't ascribe gender to golf, nor the position of authority.

I would advise any young man or woman who is pursuing a career in business, finance, law, etc. that it's a good idea to pick up golf. I'm not sure what's sexist about that.

This is absolutely being blown out of proportion, but whatever, it's February. Come election time this supposed gaffe will be a distant memory.

A hypothetical I was wondering about: if Ford were "busted" at a moment when it was too late to remove his name from the ballot, how well would he do? (Wouldn't be surprised at a double-digit share even *then*.)

Back