News   Apr 25, 2024
 399     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.2K     4 

1996 Called, They Want Their Internet 1.0 Back: The TDSB Website

SunriseChampion

Member Bio
Reaction score
So I'm trying to register for some night school to start my second life as a doctor (eventually)...but like not a MD, relax.

I go on the TDSB website and almost puke. Terrible interface.
Finally find what I'm looking for after having flashbacks to the worst of the internet circa 1997 and start the registration process. Wow.......what a dilapited online portal.

First, it tells me that the user name supplied by them (!) is invalid. Once I somehow magically get it working, I try clicking on the 'Contact Us' link. So that's a trap. Doesn't do anything.
The whole interface looks like something out of an elementary school programming class...from 20 years ago.

Anyway, I click on the 'General Help' link and get redirected to a page about.....nothing really. Some jibber jabber about inclusivity or some such bollocks...my eyes glazed over. It was deffo of no help.

I'm just wondering why their site is so shite. No money to hire a web developer with a brain and some talent? Did all the money go to some yappy executive?

If I don't get into these damn STEM courses, I'm going to cry. So far, so not good.

But some department executive announced to the Board that they now have an interactive website. Huzzah! Where's my performance bonus (or moved on to whoever developed Phoenix).

Seriously, good luck in your quest.

So I'm trying to register for some night school to start my second life as a doctor (eventually)...but like not a MD, relax.

I go on the TDSB website and almost puke. Terrible interface.
Finally find what I'm looking for after having flashbacks to the worst of the internet circa 1997 and start the registration process. Wow.......what a dilapited online portal.

First, it tells me that the user name supplied by them (!) is invalid. Once I somehow magically get it working, I try clicking on the 'Contact Us' link. So that's a trap. Doesn't do anything.
The whole interface looks like something out of an elementary school programming class...from 20 years ago.

Anyway, I click on the 'General Help' link and get redirected to a page about.....nothing really. Some jibber jabber about inclusivity or some such bollocks...my eyes glazed over. It was deffo of no help.

I'm just wondering why their site is so shite. No money to hire a web developer with a brain and some talent? Did all the money go to some yappy executive?

If I don't get into these damn STEM courses, I'm going to cry. So far, so not good.

Try phoning them. Rather quaint, I know.

LOL

I took some Spanish courses last year and I phoned them (the real person/people, not some voice-interface hell thing); and registered that way.

Its current design is stuck in 2014!

If you look at the bottom of the page, it reads © 2014 Toronto District School Board

2014 is half a decade ago!

Here is the link to its online code of conduct: https://www.tdsb.on.ca/About-Us/policies,proceduresforms/onlinecodeofconduct

Spoiler alert: It redirects to the main About Us page.

Oh, and its 2019 Financial Facts Report is cursed:

Financial Facts cover.jpg

TDSB's Financial Facts report is becoming like Sports Illustrated regarding its covers. The school depicted on the cover has its interior burned down a few months after publication.

Last edited:
But some department executive announced to the Board that they now have an interactive website. Huzzah! Where's my performance bonus (or moved on to whoever developed Phoenix).

?

Performance bonuses to be paid upon confirmation that you are in fact breathing. Thanks for your service.

Seriously, good luck in your quest.

Cheers, mate! It's going to be a long road to possibly nowhere. (It's all about the journey, as anyone worth being friends with knows).

Try phoning them. Rather quaint, I know.

LOL

I took some Spanish courses last year and I phoned them (the real person/people, not some voice-interface hell thing); and registered that way.

Bruuuuv, you must have missed the line where I stated that their 'Contact Us' link wasn't operational! ?

I completely gave up and wanted to phone in, but it wouldn't let me. hahahaaaaa

It's ok, I finally got in and I think I just need to wait for course registration to open for it to sort of work properly (though the interface is still horseshit).
I can't believe they expect me to scan and upload my secondary school transcripts to that rickety-ass website.

I think it's a different department for night courses though so I'm not sure I can register like that. I'm looking at taking Biology and Chemistry 11 and 12 as well as some sort of maths course that will help with the chemistry because right now I'm feeling brain dead calculating the wave frequencies of photons or doing volume conversions. Need the maths.

Last edited:
Its current design is stuck in 2014!

If you look at the bottom of the page, it reads © 2014 Toronto District School Board

2014 is half a decade ago!

Here is the link to its online code of conduct: https://www.tdsb.on.ca/About-Us/policies,proceduresforms/onlinecodeofconduct

Spoiler alert: It redirects to the main About Us page.

Oh, and its 2019 Financial Facts Report is cursed:

View attachment 218148
TDSB's Financial Facts report is becoming like Sports Illustrated regarding its covers. The school depicted on the cover has its interior burned down a few months after publication.

No, no, no.....it's not stuck in 2014....it's stuck in 1994. 2014 is just the last time the executive @lenaitch was talking about signed off on it before receiving their performance bonus.

(Is it a website? Pay the bonus!)

Back