Toronto 1861 O'Connor | 27m | 9s | Artlife | Studio JCI

The above is very nice.

Good video.

But, I'm head scratching, the massing for this site, but also as laid out of the site next door suggests no accommodation for the O'Connor re-alignment.

The City cannot at the one hand push a plan that suggest O'Connor's realignment and then not protect for it. (or so says me)

The above is very nice.

Good video.

But, I'm head scratching, the massing for this site, but also as laid out of the site next door suggests no accommodation for the O'Connor re-alignment.

The City cannot at the one hand push a plan that suggest O'Connor's realignment and then not protect for it. (or so says me)
This submission is a direct response to that. If the city wants that alignment, they are going to have to pay for upzoned lands through the expropriation process and this application is likely designed to maximize land value, not actually get built.

Docs are up:
1590687152467.png

1590687171195.png

1590687193910.png

1590687216290.png

Good form and massing on this building, although I would have preferred red or dark yellow brick. There's a fair amount of intensification potential along O'Connor, especially the stretch between St. Clair and Eglinton.

Project website:

Request for Direction Report to the November 4th North York Community Council Mtg.

Staff seek to oppose this at LPAT..

Staff afford a number of reasons for opposition but key among them is the potential realignment of O'Connor may be affected. Staff would like a 'H' (holding provision) on this site.

With the rate this was going at, not surprised that Artlife are selling this site.

Can someone provide some context on why they are selling it and whether this project will utlimately get built. If so in the same design and when?

Can someone provide some context on why they are selling it and whether this project will utlimately get built. If so in the same design and when?
Artlife sites all seem to be on the market, so they were either all zone and flips or the company just doesn't see developing in the current conditions.

Anyone buying the sites could build the same design if they wanted, but new owners most often go with new designs.

Back