UrbanToronto News - the latest headlines
UrbanToronto Year-End Poll: Vote On The Best Buildings of 2018
ALSO

179 Finch Avenue East (Inmino Developments, 4s, 10m)

Marcanadian

Administrator
Staff member

Attachments

Ottawan

This is the sort of "missing middle" development that Toronto desperately needs in droves. Replacing low-density low rise with higher density low-rise, on sites that may not be appropriate for taller mid-rise or tower developments.

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
This is the sort of "missing middle" development that Toronto desperately needs in droves. Replacing low-density low rise with higher density low-rise, on sites that may not be appropriate for taller mid-rise or tower developments.
Except that we need it further into "stable neighbourhoods"… whereas this proposal faces right onto Finch Avenue, and should probably be a mid-rise apartment.

Ottawan

Except that we need it further into "stable neighbourhoods"… whereas this proposal faces right onto Finch Avenue, and should probably be a mid-rise apartment.

I agree with both sentiments, but I think it would be a challenge to get a mid-rise approved this far east of Yonge at the moment, so at least this is a decent alternative, and certainly better than the single family homes it replaces.

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
It is an upgrade over what's there now, but even one more storey would be better than what is being proposed. More townhouses here will just help keep Finch fossilized. At least there are ever-so-slightly more ambitious proposals on Finch west of Yonge.

Toronto1834

OK, @interchange42, you've convinced me. They could do better here, and what is proposed would be more laudable on a side street near Finch.
Part of the problem is that they only have 2 lots. If they bought a few more adjacent properties they could build something a bit bigger and wouldn't have to waste Finch frontage on the driveway.