Barrie 17 - 27 Jacob's Terrace (Barrie) | 23s | Tonlu Properties | Arch. Unfolded

Undead

Member Bio
Reaction score
I can't remember if I posted this in my flurry of updates last year, but couldn't find anything from a cursory search.

Dev app: https://www.barrie.ca/City Hall/Planning-and-Development/Proposed-Developments/Ward8/Pages/17-and-27 Jacobs-Terrace.aspx

"Innovative Planning Solutions Inc. on behalf of Tonlu Properties, are seeking to amend the current zoning from ‘Light Industrial’ (LI) to ‘Transition Centre Commercial’ with Special Provisions (C2-2)(SP-XXX) to facilitate the development of a 4 storey garage podium with two residential towers 24 and 26 storeys in height, with a total of 565 units at 17 & 27 Jacob’s Terrace. The special provisions include reducing the commercial use requirement to 0%, an increase in height, and decreased setback from the railway."

Renders from the app docs:

Capture.JPG

View of the site in its current state:

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
ZBA approved at 19 and 23 storeys with 504 units.

"The zoning for the lands was successfully amended from ‘Light Industrial’ (LI) to ‘Transition Centre Commercial with Special Provisions, Hold’ (C2-2(SP-635)(H-157) by By-law 2023-063. Site Plan Control is required to further facilitate the development of an apartment building with a 4-storey podium and two (2) towers proposed at 19 storeys and 23 storeys in height, 504 residential units, site-specific setback, and step back provisions, and a reduced parking rate of 0.8 parking spaces per residential unit."

Back