News   Mar 28, 2024
 692     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 470     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 795     0 

164 Princess St (n of King E, 4s, renovation)

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Warehouse renovation and restoration project in the Sherbourne and King East area:

Aug 20, 2020

20200820_121541.jpg
20200820_121555.jpg
20200820_121611.jpg

I walked by this building at night time during the weekend. It looks more or less the same as the photos above. Work could be at a standstill for a variety of reasons though. Could be lack in demand of office/work space, or just resources or timeline of the property owner. Not much current info available about this building available online right now.

I walked by this building at night time during the weekend. It looks more or less the same as the photos above. Work could be at a standstill for a variety of reasons though. Could be lack in demand of office/work space, or just resources or timeline of the property owner. Not much current info available about this building available online right now.
They were replacing windows and window sills in the summer and I could see no active permit. I asked the City and was told that the work being done did not need a permit. They were working until about 4-5 weeks ago but now the site does seem quiet. A few new window-sills to be installed and all the windows need to be replaced. Most windows boarded up but there were lights on a few days ago. I suspect that covid has reduced demand for more offices so god knows what they will do. The building has been stripped inside and the outside is 85% finished so if I owned it I would complete outside work and board it up real tight to stop squatters and just wait.

Interesting. It was already dark when I passed by. I saw that the windows remain boarded up but didn't realize that progress has been made on some new window sills.

Owned by Dewarkim Investments / Dewar Communications Inc. Not much available about who they are or what they do.

I know Toronto is different but, I was recently dealing with a developer in Hamilton who was redoing a warehouse into office space. He said it wasn't worth it to work over the winter since the demand isn't there and won't be back until they are finished it next Fall. SO they were just boarded up the windows until the spring

Yes, the window sills and lintels have been finished for several weeks and they appear to have stopped work on the site - waiting for spring, or a rebound in need for space. I assume,

I've literally been watching this out of my window for months and work has been SLOW. If anything substantial happens I'll be sure to post a pic.

Back