Toronto St Clair Place | 150m | 44s | Wittington | Diamond Schmitt

Last time I was up at St. Clair to visit a friend of mine, a familiar face (and a second individual,a colleague) walked past me. I did a double take and though "I know I recogni--- that's Peter Clewes!" It looked like he was certainly there on work, so maybe it was related to this project?

Since our last post ^^^ - Wittington have picked up 1507 (in 2015), 1521 (in 2016) and 1525 Yonge (just last month.)

It's quite the assembly now. I wonder when we'll see an application

Looks like it's Wittington and Capital Developments with Diamond Schmitt and Claude Cormier designing. Could be quite impressive judging by this suggested massing:

D0h5BcCX4AENBW1.jpg

D0h5gMEWkAUt0-p.jpg

D0h90YLWkAA1EW3.jpg

From Brandon on Twitter:

quite the assembly here. Interested to see what comes of it - Yonge and St Clair has been sorely left out of the last 15 years of development.

Yeah, Yonge & St. Clair has felt like the sleepy node for some time now. Things should pick up in the next few years though, with the Slate/Studio Gang project and hopefully this and Great Gulf's 1421 Yonge proposal on the horizon.

Could this be for the parking lot to the north?
Can’t imagine it’s axtually for the office building site which is a full building that just renovated the retail concourse and put in a new restaurant (Arthur’s)... hmm

The Green P lot carries 2 addresses, one on Alvin, the other on Yonge. Neither are associated w/the Weston Centre or St. Clair.

Though a Weston-related company does own the site, to my knowledge; having been a proponent of condos for this location in the past.

New list of properties:
30 ALVIN AVE​
36 ALVIN AVE​
1 HEATH ST E​
25 HEATH ST E​
27 HEATH ST E​
29 HEATH ST E​
22 ST CLAIR AVE E​
1495 YONGE ST​
1497 YONGE ST​
1501 YONGE ST​
1507 YONGE ST​
1517 YONGE ST​
1521 YONGE ST​
1525 YONGE ST​

Whoa, did they ever go on a buying spree...........this is almost the entire block!

Everything inside the line

Back