Toronto 147 Spadina | 82.8m | 24s | Hullmark | AUDAX

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Hullmark have acquired the property at 147 Spadina Ave, NE corner with Richmond. Based on the commentary within their IG post, looks like they see this as a future redevelopment site:

Hullmark is pleased to announce the successful closing of 147 Spadina Avenue, Toronto, ON. Located on the bustling corner of Spadina Avenue and Richmond Street West, this 0.3 acre re-development site is the newest addition to Hullmark's growing portfolio.

Transaction Details:

Closing date: January 2021
Major Intersection: Spadina Avenue & Richmond Street W
Lot Size: 0.3 acres
Frontage: 115 FT
Depth: 102 FT
Building Size: 20,000 SF

147spad.JPG

Last edited:
Hullmark have acquired the property at 147 Spadina Ave, NE corner with Richmond. Based on the commentary within their IG post, looks like they see this as a future redevelopment site:

View attachment 294900

Following notes:

1) relatively small foot print at just under 10,000ft2

2) It's heritage listed individually; but not designated.

3) It's part of the Heritage Conservation District (under appeal)

4) Site makes way more sense to me if you add 160 to the north, but still very little depth

5) I can't foresee the City permitting development without requiring at least 1M added to the sidewalk (* if the current building were demolished). As the sidewalk width here is substandard.

Following notes:

1) relatively small foot print at just under 10,000ft2

2) It's heritage listed individually; but not designated.

3) It's part of the Heritage Conservation District (under appeal)

4) Site makes way more sense to me if you add 160 to the north, but still very little depth

5) I can't foresee the City permitting development without requiring at least 1M added to the sidewalk (* if the current building were demolished). As the sidewalk width here is substandard.
Agree. While it could make more sense with the building to the north, the depth appears to be only 27m. Very small for a tower site. It's also on the north side of Richmond at Spadina so this would be on the low end of the Entertainment District heights.

That really is quite nice; I'd prefer to see it stay.

Perhaps yesterday would be a good time to start the designation process.

Either way, whatever developer comes along to build on it should strongly consider preserving that if they know what's best for them.

Just a small note that lobbying on this one has begun.

From the lobbyist registry:

Details for Subject Matter Registration: SM32006​

Decision(s) or issue(s) to be lobbied

147 Spadina Ave - Proposed mixed-use development application, King-Spadina Secondary Plan and Heritage Conservation District

Proposed time period for lobbying on this subject matter

2021-07-06 to 2022-03-31

Wow, the architecture fits in so well I didn't even realize there was a rendering there for a moment! Hope this is the concept they are going for because it's perfect for that stretch of Spadina.

Looks to be about 25 stories, hope there's not too much pushback here.

*Not an official render* Here's what the building may look like looking south using the render from above in Photoshop on a screencap from Google Streetview:

spadina.jpg

Back