Toronto 1334 Dundas West | 13m | 3s | Centrestone | Gluck Partnership Architects Inc

2C788087-BC0E-4BF3-B507-CB61F86589C3.jpeg
Friday.

I love it, especially how plain it is. Not every building needs to be a masterpiece - we need hundreds of these non flashy fabric buildings throughout the city.

It's a decent addition to a very hip, urban area, but I can't help but feel that it's missing something. It looks more plain than I was expecting.

I'm with you; I think it needs some sorta of visible delineation between the ground floor and the 2nd storey.

@bigcityboy spoke of Awnings, that might do the trick; or just a simple piece of wood, painted or stained, across the face of the building on which signage could be put.

We don't need grand elaboration or frills; but this still just needs a detail or two.

It's a decent addition to a very hip, urban area, but I can't help but feel that it's missing something. It looks more plain than I was expecting.

It's a nice bit of contextual infill in its materials, colours, and scale. It maintains the streetwall. But there's not much architectural detail. As the sheen of the glass fades and light stains are left from the removal of graffiti over time, it'll fade to become a non-descript background building, the kind that people will look forward to demolishing for something more architectural.

I wasn't too enthused initially, but I walked past it last week and the attention to small details is impressive. Definitely a sleeper hit.

Back