News   Mar 28, 2024
 80     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 

1233 St Clair Ave W (Shoppers Drug Mart, 3s, MJM Architects)

ProjectEnd

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
New development application for a 3s building housing a Shoppers on the ground floor and office above. Architect is unknown at this point but it looks pretty cool!

9OivNYgP.jpg

sN8yDJMO.jpg

Tx8zLdQs.jpg

Attachments

• 9OivNYgP.jpg
    9OivNYgP.jpg
    483.5 KB · Views: 3,236
  • sN8yDJMO.jpg
    sN8yDJMO.jpg
    494.1 KB · Views: 3,061
  • Tx8zLdQs.jpg
    Tx8zLdQs.jpg
    344.5 KB · Views: 2,855
That's infinitely better than the typical suburban-looking, stucco-covered, one-storey Shoppers - like the one at Saint Clair and Bathurst.

Nice! At Via Italia, on the south side of St. Clair at the west end of the block to the west of Dufferin.

This is a very interesting project. The C of A hearing is March 31st. Rumour has it that we could see construction starting in April or May.

So, apparently the hearing yesterday for this site did happen. The variances were approved and now just the site plan needs to be approved. The city was supportive.

How long do you think it might take to get a site plan done? When do you think we could break ground here?

That's the nicest looking Shoppers I've seen, which isn't saying much I know. Looks pretty solid though.

I agree that it looks incredible. Loblaw will be spending over $1 billion on adding 50 new stores this year and renovating 150 others. Great story. I received the C of A decision via the mail yesterday stating the the proposed development is approved and the appeal date will expire on April 20th.

I dont know how long a SPA will take but I have been poking around and apparently it could take 6-8 weeks.

So does this mean the rumours of Shoppers at 928 St. Clair (Little Miss Dress Up / Bar 918) is dead? They are gutting the building as we speak.

Yes - That rumour is dead. However, there could be a separate SDM or Rexall or something else going in that site. It apparently will have retail on the main floor. That space is large so expect something exciting.

This development received an appeal and is now going to the OMB. What are your thoughts? As a local I am devastated that someone could appeal a Shoppers Drug Mart from coming to the area. Hearing date at the OMB has not be set yet. Does anyone know how long this will take to sort out?

Its a minor variance, the developer probably appealed it themselves as they didnt get a satisfactory end to their minor variance hearing.

The planner involved told me today that the neighbour filed the appeal. Last year there was a dispute between the site in question and the neighbour over the existing laneway that will be lost in the re-development. SDM apparently won in court the right to re-develop onto/ over the laneway after the neighbour would not sell after many good offers apparently to buy out the neighbour.

I hear that the OMB is so booked up with hearings this site might not get a hearing date for at least 8 months.

Such a disappointment. The buildings in question to be developed have been abandoned/ empty for a few years now.

Back