Toronto 11 Bay | 269.45m | 54s | QuadReal | Daoust Lestage

Here it is in my model at 250 metres:

Toronto Model 6-25-20 11 Bay.png

Tower with contemporary office floor plate (ie. simple rectangular form), a screened top to shield mechanical equipment. Sounds like Bay Adelaide Centre to me.
That is exactly what I thought as well. Please no, please. Although I can't see HP doing that.
Can we have this tower reach over 350 hundred meters please ! It would create a more jagged height look in the waterfront skyline ! As you can see the office towers at 250 metres range has that limit height look . As you can see in Koops diagram below !
I really do not like the height of this one either. It's gotta be either a bit shorter or a bit taller.

I was going to say, based on the diagram shown this tower looks to be between 245-250m. My bet is that it falls into that zone.

I doubt it will ever be built though. All I hear from companies post COVID is that they are realizing that office space isn't as important anymore. Many corporations are planning for a future where a good chunk of their workforce works from home. So the demand for these massive 700ft+ office towers are a thing of the past IMO. I doubt The Hub, Union Centre, or CC3 will ever be built, not to mention this one.

We should be happy we are still getting 160 Front, CIBC Square, Bay Adelaide North, and The Well Office tower. Might be the last.

^Meh, society is slow to change as a whole unless its forced to change (like we're seeing with the current Covid situation).

People are talking about this doom and gloom scenario with offices but I just dont buy it. I guarantee you (fortunately or unfortunately depending how you look at it) that many companies will revert to their old habits if/when there is a vaccine.

Projects will probably be delayed like we saw in the 90's recession, but demand will pick up again eventually.

I'm with @Amare on this; I don't see a wholesale switch to WFH.

I can see it making some difference around the edges............perhaps with a shift towards flex-time (must be in the office 10am-2pm, M-Thu), then the rest is more up to you.

But in the end, I'd be surprised if it resulted in more than 10% of office jobs going WFH in whole or in large part.

That aside, I expect the Covid thing will stall the move towards ever smaller sq. ft per person in offices and may even seen some growth.

Last edited:
Why is QuadReal proposing another huge office tower? Shouldn't they be concerned about getting CC3 built and leased first?

I was going to say, based on the diagram shown this tower looks to be between 245-250m. My bet is that it falls into that zone.

I doubt it will ever be built though. All I hear from companies post COVID is that they are realizing that office space isn't as important anymore. Many corporations are planning for a future where a good chunk of their workforce works from home. So the demand for these massive 700ft+ office towers are a thing of the past IMO. I doubt The Hub, Union Centre, or CC3 will ever be built, not to mention this one.

We should be happy we are still getting 160 Front, CIBC Square, Bay Adelaide North, and The Well Office tower. Might be the last.
That may be what companies are saying, but all I'm hearing from employees is "we can't stand working from home and can't wait to get back to the office." It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Bit of a shame that it ends up partially covering CIBC Square from the lake...
That may be what companies are saying, but all I'm hearing from employees is "we can't stand working from home and can't wait to get back to the office." It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
Working from home also limits learning by osmosis and office networking, especially for newcomers.

This wide massing is really unfortunate especially with the height being so similar to other buildings around it — really creates a wall-like feeling from the lake. If it's going to be this width it needs to be taller or shorter and if it's going to be this height it really should be thinner. Or some tapering or step backs towards the top or something. This will be really really a bad result if it gets built with the massing as is. It better be a hell of a nice design.

Agree although it's early on so perhaps we should wait and see. The far bigger problem is what's south of it. I don't see how we can ever stitch the waterfront together as long as the Westin Harbourcastle and those 4 condo towers to its west exist. They will remain a major blight on the waterfront for generations.

Agree although it's early on so perhaps we should wait and see. The far bigger problem is what's south of it. I don't see how we can ever stitch the waterfront together as long as the Westin Harbourcastle and those 4 condo towers to its west exist. They will remain a major blight on the waterfront for generations.

I had hoped the hotel would shift to this site; as one step towards redeveloping Habour Square in its entirety.

Hard to oppose more office space; but it's one opportunity towards that redevelopment that is not longer on the table.

Back