Toronto 109OZ Condos | 20.12m | 6s | Reserve Properties | RAW Design

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
From Urbanation:

From auto shop to sales centre, @ReserveProp's newest project coming soon to Ossington: http://app.toronto.ca/ApplicationStatus/details.do?folderRsn=3070411

scaled.php

Last edited:
Confirmation from City Planning

109-111 OSSINGTON AVE
Site Plan Approval 12 122807 STE 19 SA Ward 19
- Tor & E.York Feb 15, 2012 --- --- --- ---
Proposal to construct 6 sty condo with ground floor commercial. 86 residential units and 2 levels of below grade parking. 103 Ossington Ave & 109-111 Ossington Ave. See Re-Zoning - 12 122813.

Wont be long before the hip bars are pushed out by new area condo developments..

http://www.blogto.com/city/2012/03/the_loftification_of_lower_ossington/

The loftification of Lower Ossington

Posted by Alexandra Grigorescu / MARCH 26, 2012

Gentrification is a double-edged sword. It brings in money and clientele while potentially sacrificing the historical elements of a neighborhood. As I ventured along the street trying to get a sense of locals' reaction, I expected someone to bemoan the blotting of the sun, construction noise, and other related concerns but everyone was fairly positive about the cosmetic element of the lofts. That might change once construction begins in earnest.

109OZ Lofts (109 Ossington Ave)
109OZ took over the former home of Mundial Auto Repairs and a private Portuguese club in the heart of Ossington Ave. This 6-story boutique loft structure will contain approximately 90 units, and is slated to be the ultimate in nouveau-loft-chic with a focus on glass, brick, and metal and featuring east-facing terraces and glass balconies. Pre-construction prices are advertised as beginning in the upper $200,000s - a surprisingly modest sum for Toronto. The website isn't forthcoming with further details, as pre-sale hasn't yet launched, but their marketing materials point to "Inspired Lofts. Undeniably Ossington." and features vibrant splashes of color. You won't find a sales centre until mid to late April, but when I spoke to the sales team, they mentioned that Mundial had happily sold and moved to Keele and Rogers Road.

Another awesome mid rise - we've seen a lot of these lately. If I could choose between us getting lots of tall, but mediocre point towers sprinkled around the city or seeing our main streets get made over with short buildings of this quality, I would definitely choose the latter.

I got back from New York last night after an extra long weekend, and I couldn't agree with you more. The towers are great for that 'big city feel' most of us Torontonians are always after -- to look in any given direction and see an ocean of skyscrapers makes you feel like you're in the middle of something big and vibrant and full of potential -- but the real vibrancy and energy comes at the street level, and most of the towers we get these days fail to deliver in that respect. Obviously a great mix of both is ideal, and that is what we I hope we are seeing the beginning of here.

I expect to see the building south of this one up to the Cigar building to become another project site in a few years. 1000 Queen St and the buildings north is another site, since 1000 is up for sell now. Going east on Queen will be a hard sell unless the fronts are save.

This project looks very promising. The way the facade is broken up into four sections yet still coherent is interesting and commendable. There are many engaging details like the combinations of windows, the slight angular quality, and of course the vibrant colours enlivening the dark facade. The storefronts look airy and inviting. I'm looking forward to this one.

This is beautiful. As our city evolves I hope to see North-South west side streets like Bathurst and Dufferin lined with fine buildings like this.

If this is anything like Abacus or Nero I will be disappointed - the floorplans left much to be desired for those projects and the price per sq/ft seems high.

Back