Toronto Theo Condos | 27.74m | 8s | Condoman | Standard Practice

There does not appear to be a site plan application for the site. The land is owned by the Ison family, who also own and operate Toronto Honda to the east. Now that it is rezoned for an 8-storey condo and the land is that much more valuable, they might be biding their time.

The last thing this stretch of the Danforth needs is land speculators.

Thanks for the information. It makes more sense now. As much as I hate to admit it I suspect you are correct (RE: land speculators).

Snapped a quick pic on the ride home.

IMG_20180511_163718.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180511_163718.jpg
    IMG_20180511_163718.jpg
    281.5 KB · Views: 1,506
Given the signs of the environmental cleanup company and the lack of demolition that was my thought.

I walked past the site last night and had a look at the current extent of the excavation. It is basically a trench to locate the hydro. They are installing a hydro meter at the east end of the trench.

I walked past the site last night and had a look at the current extent of the excavation. It is basically a trench to locate the hydro. They are installing a hydro meter at the east end of the trench.

Odd that they would be concerned with metering an old vacant building. Any guesses to what is up?

Look's like @Skeezix might have been right about biding their time (hopefully not land speculators). Perhaps someone familiar with the price of commercial land could provide their thoughts about the 8 mil price tag?

Back